cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using old gift of 500 minutes Int'l LD

Sean758
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been trying to call some numbers in Germany (from Canada) but I keep getting a 1B1 error, even though my forwarding settings are turned off. I tried calling these numbers on a landline (via the operator), and it worked, so it seems the issue is with my cell phone. I think the problem is to do with long distance calling, but I have two unused gifts of 500 minutes Int'l LD in my add-ons. These were gifted some years ago before the new rewards program, but they still show up in my account, so my question is if these add-ons are no longer active, or if there is just a glitch with my account and it won't let me use these minutes. 

Thanks

---

Sean758_1-1718829273508.png

7 REPLIES 7

@EB0 the 500 LD minute from before was misleading, they are real..

@Sean758 

If the number you are dialing starts with zero, you must drop this first digit.
For example, if the number you are calling is 021 XXXX XXXX

dial  011  49  21 XXXX XXXX

Sean758

Thanks for the response. I got it working by dropping a 0 in the area code (see my other response). 

Sean758

Thank you for your response. I received a private message from a very nice user who suggested doing the 011+49, but then also dropping the 0 in the area code, and that worked! I made one phone call, and now my add-on says "1 minute used", so indeed the add-ons are still working correctly. I just would have never guessed to get rid of the 0 in an area code. 

@EB0 wrote:

I think those 500 international minutes are misleading, and for Canada and US only.

The aboe isn't correct.  The long distance minutes given out during the More is Merrier campaign includes calls to:  Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-More-is-Merrier-is-back/td-p/751...

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think those 500 international minutes are misleading, and for Canada and US only.

@Sean758 wrote:

I have been trying to call some numbers in Germany (from Canada) but I keep getting a 1B1 error, even though my forwarding settings are turned off. I tried calling these numbers on a landline (via the operator), and it worked, so it seems the issue is with my cell phone. I think the problem is to do with long distance calling, but I have two unused gifts of 500 minutes Int'l LD in my add-ons. These were gifted some years ago before the new rewards program, but they still show up in my account, so my question is if these add-ons are no longer active, or if there is just a glitch with my account and it won't let me use these minutes. 

The More is Merrier add-ons are still active (if they haven't been used up already).  Try using both 01149 and then the rest of the number and +49 and then the rest fo the number to see if that make any difference.

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sean758 

Where in Germany are you trying to call? If you can give us the routing portion of the phone number we can test call for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.