cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number but not receiving calls

DanielleD20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Switched providers and got a new SIM card and everything, did the text prompts to port over my old phone number but got a text saying it was not completed. 

11 REPLIES 11

DanielleD20

Gave bell a call and they overrided it and the number will be ported over in 1-2 hours. Thanks for your help friends

@DanielleD20 wrote:

PM customer service says: “I had the opportunity to review your account and found that the Port-in of your phone number was not completed because we did not receive authorization from your old carrier, but no worries, right now, I was able to resubmit the transfer request for your phone number-“ so, it seems BELL doesn’t want give up my old number even though I paid my last bill. 

Bell doesn't haver a choice if the number can be ported to Public Mobile.  As for resubmitting the request, IMEI shouldn't have been provicded.  Only used the accont number.

DanielleD20

PM customer service says: “I had the opportunity to review your account and found that the Port-in of your phone number was not completed because we did not receive authorization from your old carrier, but no worries, right now, I was able to resubmit the transfer request for your phone number-“ so, it seems BELL doesn’t want give up my old number even though I paid my last bill. 

@DanielleD20 wrote:

BELL even texted me the transfer number text message within seconds and I replied “YES” and it apparently didn’t work. Just hope I can get my old phone # back as I’ve had it for 12 years

What was the reason given for the porting failure in the message sent to you by Public Mobile?

DanielleD20

BELL even texted me the transfer number text message within seconds and I replied “YES” and it apparently didn’t work. Just hope I can get my old phone # back as I’ve had it for 12 years

DanielleD20

I ported to Public Mobile from BELL

@computergeek541 

Good point, I assume OP is porting to PM.

@DanielleD20 wrote:

It asked me to put both old account # and IMEI 

Which carrier did you switch to? It's the new carrier that needs to be providing you with all assistance. Did you switch to Public Mobile or to another carrier?

DanielleD20

It asked me to put both old account # and IMEI 

@BKNS27 wrote:

@DanielleD20 

Did you use your old carrier account number or the IMEI of the phone?

Always better in using the account number.

Check to see if your number can be ported out:

https://www.ooma.ca/check-portability/ 

If it can then you need to contact a CS_Agent to complete the porting by Submitting a Ticket on SIMon Chatbot or private message them on the envelope icon.

As we don't no which carrier the OP is trying to port to, the above link can't be used as it only gives indcation of phone numbers that can be ported to that specific carrier.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@DanielleD20 

Did you use your old carrier account number or the IMEI of the phone?

Always better in using the account number.

Check to see if your number can be ported out:

https://www.ooma.ca/check-portability/ 

If it can then you need to contact a CS_Agent to complete the porting by Submitting a Ticket on SIMon Chatbot or private message them on the envelope icon.

Need Help? Let's chat.