cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported in from Virgin, can't send SMS but EVERYTHING else works: calls, data, incoming SMS

Munim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anyone have experience with this? I also have zero signal bars on my iPhone. Using an eSIM. 

7 REPLIES 7

Munim

Solved, I had to buy a physical sim and switched to it in the app. Thanks all.  

HI @Yoshi28 

you can submit a ticket and ask PM agent and reimburse you the $5 extra esim cost that you shouldn't need to pay

Yoshi28
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had similar issues last night porting from Fido.  Every thing seemed to work, but I had "NO SIM" and no bars for cell signal.  My resolve was to delete the esim profiles (including the one you got when signing up), do a complete factory reset on the phone, and I had to purchase a new $5 eSIM from the app. After all that everything is working fine. Other than not receiving 2FA texts. But that apparently can take a few days to come in. 

Hope this helps.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello there, and thanks for visiting our community forum.

The community is a great way of searching for answers and help from our customers, however if you still need assistance, and you have reached out through a private message, we kindly ask to keep an eye on your community inbox.

Our customer support team will get in touch as soon as possible.
Public Mobile Team.

@Munim 

Might be an issue with iMessage.  Maybe turn off iMessage and then turn back on.

Make sure to toggle on Send SMS text. 

Take sure you see your phone number in the iMessage send/receive  from section.

Munim

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated. I have restarted the phone many times, I have removed the old Virgin SIM long after confirming the port over. I have also reset the network connection on my iPhone and toggled airplane mode on and off many times as well.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Munim

Try rebooting device, resetting network connections,  and toggling airplane mode on and off. 

Need Help? Let's chat.