cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the eversafe login system is junk - even Public Mobile thinks so

fredfor
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So, part of public mobile's service isn't working (again), I logged in, authenticated with the so-called "eversafe" system and created a ticket with a cs_agent.

The agent replies quickly and asks me for my name, email, phone #, last payment amount and credit card number on file.

But I've already authenticated with the so-called "eversafe" system, so I should be good to go, but public mobile staff require additional info. But all of that additional info is available when you log in to the so-called "eversafe" system.

So, clearly, public mobile staff have been told not to trust the so-called "eversafe" system for customer authentication.

Pathetic.

5 REPLIES 5

fredfor

When a customer authenticates with eversafe, they can then see the name on the account, phone number, email, credit card and payment info.

So, when creating a ticket after authenticating with eversafe, asking the customer for the information that they can clearly see after authenticating with eversafe, has no additional security value.

Now, if the cs_agent asked for some secret info that you could NOT see after authenticating with eversafe, that would make some sense.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Not every time you are asked to enter code sent by PM in order to log in.

Thus, whoever has your id/pass can send a note to agent asking to do whatever they want to do with your account. That is why agent has to confirm you are who you claim to be.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @fredfor 

it is jus a security measure for agent to ask you for more info, it does not mean eversafe is not working well or so

fredfor

OlivierR, all of that information is available when you authenticate with the so-called "eversafe" system. If someone did manage to steal my email address, password and eversafe credentials, the thief can then see my name, phone #, credit card info and last payment details by logging in with "eversafe".

So the cs_agent asking for this info *after* I have logged in with "eversafe" does not increase security - it's just annoying the customer.

OlivierR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yea maybe, but one more authentication factor by confirming who you are is better for your account security doesnt mean its not annoying when it take 1 or 2 hours between each message and one is confirming your identity

Need Help? Let's chat.