cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive Text message delays

J0HN
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Over the last day or so all my sms texts incoming and outgoing are arriving like 12 hours later. And they are sent and received in duplicates of 2 or 3. Does anyone have a solution?  Thank you. 

19 REPLIES 19

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@J0HN 

yes, receiving seems to be a bigger problem in the beginning.  Smaller number of complains about sending

SimonGood

I just discovered the incoming messages flooded in when the person I was helping went to APNs for the SIM and selected reset to default

J0HN

Sending messages is better now. Receiving is still very broken.

J0HN

This is day two and about 36 hours from when the problem started. I seemed to be able to send messages now which arrives shortly, but receiving messages is still an issue, there are still massive delays some messages I just plain out don't get or get doubles of others.  I'll just wait and use whatsapp for now.

SimonGood

My texting is back to normal after 24 hours of impossible delays.

My theory with no support from PubMob is.

1. The Google Messages upgrade a few days ago changed the way it responds to messages not being accepted by the network. It used to time out after a few seconds and report the SMS not sent. Now it retries for at least 12 hours. It could be  retrying very frequently, even back to back.

2. This behaviour kicks off network anti-spam measures and it gets even harder to send an SMS.

3. Eventually you start seeing connection refused responses

4. The only way out seems to be to delete all SMS the app is continuing to try and send and wait for network to reset your status to allow text again.

What do others think? All the way through PubMob claimed there was no problem with SMS on the account I was helping. Nothing mor annoying the support saying there is no problem while your contacts report getting texts you queued 10 hours before.

SimonGood

Hi John

Did your problem get resolved? Trying to get a solution to a very similar problem ant so far Public Mobile won't admit the problem exists.

SimonGood

The phone here just showed a warning about Messenger trying to send a lot of messages. Make me wonder if we hit a temporary problem with SMS and in trying to test it we have hit a Public Mobile anti-spam measure. All outgoing SMS messages now say waiting for a connection.

SimonGood

We tried that.

SimonGood

There are 6 public mobile users in the room, here in NS and only one has the SMS problem

SimonGood

We are on android tried restarting, resetting, updating app and using a different app, switched off RCS so pure SMS. 

SimonGood

Having a similar problem with someone else's account. Messages are delayed or timed out. The occasional goes straight out.

J0HN

Hopefully it's temporary and it'll fix itself today .

J0HN

Tried that last night, still the same unfortunately 

J0HN

Yes

J0HN

Near Barrie

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @J0HN 

I see many posts this morning about voice and some about text, not sure if related.  which province you are at?

@J0HN 

Might want to try a reboot of your phone.  Network reset of phone.  

Which model phone are you using?  

Using iMessage or RCS chat?  These services require either Wifi or data to be active.  

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@J0HN 

android? clear your Message app cache

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Cannot relate... Could be bad signal or some delays in your area.

No issue here; SMS arrives within seconds (ON).

Need Help? Let's chat.