cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long delay in receiving text messages

Alex_Axby
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Someone sent me a text message a couple of days ago, and it took me over 12 hours to receive it. The timestamp on the text said 8:44 pm, but I didn't receive it until sometime the next morning, over 12 hours later. Why is there such a long delay?

4 REPLIES 4

Alex_Axby
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think it was probably something like this. Someone else mentioned 2FA messages, and I realized that I get those pretty much isntantly.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Alex_Axby  I had this happen once, turned out the sender had hit send then turned off the phone for the night before it actually went.  When they restarted the phone the next day the message then sent. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Alex_Axby reboot the phone once 

if Android, try to clear cache on the messaging app and test again

if iPhone, make sure Carrier Profile updated and you have latest iOS

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Alex_Axby - There shouldn't, are you in a poor coverage location? How about sending messages to the same recipient or trying to get a 2FA code?

But I would assume to contact CS_Agent here:

Submit a ticket via Chatbot:

⚠️ Public Mobile is Experiencing longer support wait times currently! Do Not Reply back to CS_Agent after submitting your ticket unless you solved it! Click here to bring up the Article!   ⚠️  

fixin1_0-1717023674684.png

If you just want it quick and easy, here it is:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

Need Help? Let's chat.