cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port out old number and apply a new number

panda88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi, Tom whom  it may concern

I want port out my present number, but still keep account in Public mobile with a new number, any number is okay for me

so how to do it 

as people told me once i port out my old number, it will mean that my account is cancelled and closed. but i still wanna 

keep old account with a new number 

thank you very nuch

16 REPLIES 16

@hycm53 wrote:

@panda88 wrote:

why?

it is just like that i change to a new number and port out my old number to other carrier

or other kind statement

i want keep my present plan and with a new number or if that still not works

how about i open 2nd line under my account and port out my first line number to other carrier, and make my account in PUBLIC STILL a one line instead of 2 lines

If you have a dual sim cards phone, you can buy a new sim card from PM. You activate a new sim card, pick up a new phone number and use your another email to create a new PM account  

I'm not sure it will work, but if work, you will have two accounts and two phone numbers in PM.

@computergeek541what do you think? Will it work?

Sorry, but none of this will help the customer keep the old Public Mobile account open while continuing to use the existing plan and keep existing rewards and balances.

@hycm53 wrote:

@panda88 wrote:

I want port out my present number, but still keep account in Public mobile with a new number, any number is okay for me

so how to do it 

as people told me once i port out my old number, it will mean that my account is cancelled and closed. but i still wanna 

thank you very nuch

There are two steps to do:

1. You port out your PM old number to other provider first , then your PM account  will be closed;

2. After you successfully ported out your PM old phone number, you buy a new sim card from PM, then activate it,  pick up a new phone number and create new PM account..

Unfortuantely, the above won't accomplish the same result as being able to keep the old Public Mobile account.

@dust2dust wrote:

@Flipinese- Yes, policy. And current. There have been very rare instances of people doing this somehow going around policy. But it's all technically possible. They just won't.

I'm not sure why the solution was chosen. It doesn't help the problem of keeping the plan and history of it.

The solution has been removed as it doesn't address the question that was asked in the first post.

@Flipinese- Yes, policy. And current. There have been very rare instances of people doing this somehow going around policy. But it's all technically possible. They just won't.

I'm not sure why the solution was chosen. It doesn't help the problem of keeping the plan and history of it.

Flipinese

Hello,

I actually had the same exact question as you did and spoke to an Agent. I wanted to port out my work number and they said to make a new account with a new sim card with a new email. So I have asked to transfer my plan/rewards to my new account but sadly, they have told me it is NOT possible. I will copy paste what they have told me for reference.

"About keeping account open with new phone number inquiry after taking phone number to another provider is not possible.

Due to Network requirement/limitations there is no way to take the number out and then assigning new phone number since account will be automatically get deactivated and there is no way to resume it so we can assign new line. only option is making brand new activation with new sim card, if you wish to keep a line working with Public Mobile.
Since account will get totally deactivated, there is no way to transfer or to reassigned earned rewards by current line, the situation is definitely not reachable not even from our technical support team basically there is no method to take the account tenure with the Refer a Friend phone numbers linkage to become them as valid or transferrable to another account that is something on Public Mobile that has never been done or offered under any circumstance or any type of exception up to date."

@panda88 wrote:

why?

it is just like that i change to a new number and port out my old number to other carrier

or other kind statement

how about i open 2nd line under my account and port out my first line number to other carrier, and make my account in PUBLIC STILL a one line instead of 2 lines

If you have a dual sim cards phone, you can buy a new sim card from PM. You activate a new sim card, pick up a new phone number and use your another email to create a new PM account  

I'm not sure it will work, but if work, you will have two accounts and two phone numbers in PM.

@computergeek541 what do you think? Will it work?

@panda88 wrote:

if pick up new sim card from PM and create a new PM account, can i still keep my original plan?

sometimes Pm No representative only members of PM help to answer question is not convenient

No, you have to pick up a new plan, and all points or rewards you had in old PM account will all gone. 

@panda88 wrote:

why?

or other kind statement

For my understanding that you can't open a second line in your PM account, only one phone number for one PM account. I think because PM service is pre-paid service, that's why can't do it 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@panda88....

if you just wish to change your PM number...that's a cinch. You can do that yourself, by logging in to your account / Profile...look directly under My Phone Number to see Change Phone Number.

panda88

if pick up new sim card from PM and create a new PM account, can i still keep my original plan?

sometimes Pm No representative only members of PM help to answer question is not convenient

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@panda88 

Once you port out, your PM account is automatically closed for good. And you can't get into it anymore.

There's no such thing as having two lines in one account, here at PM.   Each account can only have one phone number. Period.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Each PM account is unique having unique phone number and associated with unique email adddress.

You cannot transfer number to PM and keep old PM number. You would need 2 PM accounts:

- one to have existing PM number

- new one to transfer number from other provider

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@panda88 wrote:

so how to do it 

thank you very nuch

There are two steps to do:

1. You port out your PM old number to other provider first , then your PM account  will be closed;

2. After you successfully ported out your PM old phone number, you buy a new sim card from PM, then activate it,  pick up a new phone number and create new PM account..

panda88

why?

or other kind statement

CGO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM account would be closed right after ported out.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@panda88 

Sorry but that's not allowed.

Need Help? Let's chat.