cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port failed for a week now, no reply from Mods or support!!!

baganaz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Mary_M

I transferred to Public Mobile last Saturday, I get Public Mobile signal and data works but my port seem to have failed as I still cannot receive calls and my Fido sim is still active (still being charged!!!)

I messaged mods and emailed support on Sunday but still have no received anything back!! Will anyone fix my problem? Has been much longer than 48 hours now.

6 REPLIES 6

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
An unlocked phone won't help a port. You'll need a mod to fix it.

tangyjackie

Yes that is exactly what has happened!

I can make outgoing calls, but I can't receive calls or send/receive texts!

Funnily enough, I can receive calls and send/receive texts from people whom are on the PM plans.

My phone btw is locked atm (my mistake!), so I will getting that unlocked tomorrow and then seeing if it'll port over after putting my SIM card in.

If it still does not work over the next couple days then I am going to contact the mods to intervene and hopefully things will work then! At least I will have 12 GB of data at the very least which I can use for now, but it is annoying to have to switch between SIM cards if I want to receive calls and texts.

Thanks for your help!

Wayne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I hope so too...

oilblue99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@tangyjackie

Do you have partial service? (i.e. can make outgoing calls with the PM SIM, but incoming don't work) That's an indicator of a failed port...likely requiring a Mod to resubmit with correct details.

First thing to note: if the Virgin SIM still works, keep using it until the port is sorted out. That way you have service, and PM can adjust the start date of your plan (imm1304 isn't a PM employee, but has obviously been here a while).

Try Luddite's link. It's quick, and might kick start things...

If you're still stuck, then Mod intervention is definitely required. If you haven't already, send a private message to one Mod (not all), with the required information.

They're still working through the backlog generated by the promo, so unfortunately waiting will be involved. Use the old SIM if it works...and hang in there.

I hope they contact you soon!

tangyjackie

Yea it's been over a week as well for me, and they still have not ported the number over yet!

I am still on my current Virgin Mobile service provider.

Do you know if PM will offer refunds if it's not ported in time?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

As you have sent a message you are now in the queue; wait time may be a week. Just use your Fido SIM until it stops working. Do not cancel  your Fido account.

Meanwhile, this solution has helped some:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-I-fixed-porting-my-mobile-number-and-p...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.