cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Doing wireless different has its ups and downs

@Dave_M

Dave,

I'm one of the new PM customers who signed up with this promotion a couple of weeks ago. I had zero issues activating my account, porting my number from Telus (except for a mistake that I made not unticking a checkbox) and receivied my SIM 2 days after I ordered it. I echo your statements - I'm betting that many of the issues customers are having are due to small mistakes when signing up (similiar to the one I made). I did post a service request to PM (but solved my own problem prior to hearing back). I did appreciate that PM followed up with me to ensure everything was working ok. 

Thus far my expereience with PM has been excellent. I look forward to helping others in the Community and being a longtime PM customer. Like many others here, I appreciate transperency and open communication with the community.

All the Best,
Alon

Mayor / Maire

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
What about speakout and PC mobile. Why on the main Wikipedia page for public mobile does it list it as an MVNO? I didn't think PM was an MVNO but I didn't want to argue about it. Someone should edit that Wikipedia page.

@Rockdaddy22 it's funny but there are even contradictory Wiki pages about MVNOs

In general to actually be an MVNO it means the carrier (or parent carrier) does not own the network

So anything that gets touched by Rogers/Bell/Telus are automatically out

A few groups are protesting that the big3 make it unfair to enter Canadian market

I mentioned Ice Wireless and Sugar Mobile before

Can't beleive I forgot about Roam Mobility

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, I've clicked the "I am authorized" box, @imm1304. Tried again today and still get error message.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@jsharpe I assume this is in relation to porting a number in Self-Serve, as I had a similar issue last night. I was trying to port; had looked-up the number and answered the questions and then clicked the I'm authorized checkbox...clicked submit, but that generated an error about the checkbox. Odd. Cleared it, checked again & submit...same error.

Work-around for me was to start again:
- enter the phone number; and
- click the "I'm authorized" checkbox
Then click the button to lookup the number.

This time the questions appeared again (account # or IMEI, etc), and "I'm authorized" was checked. Submitting the form worked without error (as did the port).

TLDR;
Seems timing is crucial for clicking the "I'm authorized" checkbox on the Self Serve porting screen. Be sure to select it as soon as it's visible (i.e. might be shown at same time as entering the phone # you're porting).

Hope that helps.

@jsharpe

In my case, my mistake was not unticking the I'm authorized box. It was my husband's account and thus he was the one that actually authorized the release of my number. Once I unticked the I'm authorized box, the port went through with no issue.

Hope this helps.

Mayor / Maire

That's strange, you shouldn't be able to port if your not the authorized user.

@Rockdaddy22

I think it worked because my husband, the account holder, called Telus and authorized the release of my number in advance of me attempting to port the number to PM. The authorization was on Telus's system so when the request came in inintially, as myself being the authorized accountholder, Telus rejected the port. Once I unticked the checkbox, indicating I was not the authouirized account holder, this lined up with Telus's information and the port was successful. I'm speculating...

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

In my case it's because I used the same email address to sign up for my PM account as for my Koodo account, which apparently requires a manual workaround.

Now at 7 days waiting for a response. $10 paid for service I can't use so far. 

Mayor / Maire

@smilingeyes70 sounds like a good speculation to me! Welcome to PM, finally! Robot Very Happy

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@jsharpe, the PM mods are known to reset your 90-day cycle so it starts from the day they resolve your port request troubles.  Customers didn't have to pay for the days they were without usable service with their new PM sim card.  

As for the waiting ... all I can say is, hang in there.