cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help

KandaceKim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my Ex went into my account and changed my number. how can I get my past number ported back. i also need a list of my old numbers to get into my Apple ID because he wiped my phone.

Can some one please help?

18 REPLIES 18

KandaceKim

i am trying to see if my grandmother has it

@KandaceKim 

Do you have any old address books, phone's or phone bills from other providers accounts in the past? Or paperwork like income tax, employment contracts etc....that you may have it on? Your mom or any other relative or friend who is old school and has an address book that has every phone number you have had for your entire life?

KandaceKim

Thank you, yes i have done sooo much.

i have contacted apple. and i have done the computer restore. i just cant find the old number to be ale to start the recovery.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@KandaceKim 

Geez......we can sure pick 'em sometimes....well at least he's the ex now. But you need to do some account security just to make sure he can't do any more damage. So after you deal with the CSA's and they can hopefully return your phone number to you (fingers crossed) change what you can in your account. 

Assuming that you have already changed your password procede to change your security question and answer. Change your name for next year or so.......you can change it back if you wish to port out. You can also change your address (if applicable)as this info only matters for account verification so as long as you know the info That's what matters but write it all down and put it somewhere safe so you can access it if needed. This will help if the ex tries to access your account again thru customer support.

You can also change your account pin# and email with the CSA if you feel the ex has compromised your email and/or you just want to extra cautious.  I would also change your passwords and any 2FA verification you may have on other accounts that the ex may have access to like PayPal, Amazon, financial accounts like your bank or credit cards etc....since you have found out how vindictive the ex can be it's best to assume the worst rather than suffer through additional heart ache caused headaches! Again write all of this down for the time being so you can access it.

You can access the last 30 days of usage in your account for any phone numbers you have been in contact with and Inbelieve you can go back 90 days by using the calendar dates on the usage page. If you backed up your phone to the cloud in the past you can look thru your data stored there once you gain access to your apple account. @LurganIeUk , @AE_Collector @Luddite  and @CalgaryBen can help with more specific iPhone/Apple questions you may have.

Wishing you the best of luck in your phone number recovery. You deserve better and one day when you have so much better you will be able to look back at this time and realize had you not gone thru this you would have never gotten to where you are then.

@KandaceKim wrote:

again i am very sorry

Again, thanks for changing it back.  I understand it is very frustrating on your end. Hope all work out in the end.

@hTideGnow...maybe you should have added instructions on restarting the internet and changing web browser ! Oh...and a brief description of what rebooting your phone means.

KandaceKim

again i am very sorry

@Anonymous  thanks for speaking up   I was curious, too.  I posted it almost 15 mins ahead.  Except I didn't say "Only one way".. 

of course in the end, as long as OP got the issue resolved, we are happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KandaceKim : Seems hTideGnow supplied your answer but please do keep us posted so we can see what came of this story. Some of the answers would have also been helpful but oh well.

KandaceKim

I am talking with an agent now. THank you sooo much

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KandaceKim 

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Service by CS_Agent. Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Service by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Service by CS_Agent, will Response by private message to you inbox
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

@KandaceKim wrote:

no it was PM , he went into my laptop  and accessed my account on here

If your Ex simply changed your number, not ported out.  If the old number belongs to PM (you got it new when you joined PM, not via porting into PM), then PM owns the number.  There is a chance you can get it back via opening ticket with CS Agent, explain to them that it was changed by mistake.  

To open a ticket with CS Agent,  click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot

Enter your question in SIMon. Follow the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button,

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent(but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

** check your Community inbox after for new messages.  CS Agent will reply you via there

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KandaceKim : So are your services working? You did also say "ported" along with "changed". So there are some valid interpretations going on.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

For your Apple ID, try this:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201487    the section about If you can't access any of your devices

But I guess it is best to discuss with your Ex on the situation. 

KandaceKim

no it was PM , he went into my laptop  and accessed my account on here

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@KandaceKim  did you ex port your number to another provider?  If so, Your PM account would have closed. 

You can port it back in, but only if you have access to that new provider and have access to the phone with that new provider to authorize to port it back into PM (but you still need to create a new PM account)

if your EX simply changed your phone number, not porting.  Then your old number would have gone back to the provider who owned the number in the first place.  You likely  cannot get it back.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KandaceKim : I sure hope you've since changed your account password.

Did you pick a new number when you activated or did you bring the number from elsewhere?

It would be much harder if it came from elsewhere. If you can plead your case with the CSA's that this was an unauthorized change (albeit "legal") then maybe they might change it back. But if it was from another provider then they wouldn't. You would need to set up with the other provider.

Man some people suck.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@KandaceKim wrote:

my Ex went into my account and changed my number. how can I get my past number ported back. i also need a list of my old numbers to get into my Apple ID because he wiped my phone.

Can some one please help?

Yikes ! Any chance you can just get a new sim and start fresh with a new account, new number ?

Need Help? Let's chat.