cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help, Data usage off

Lolcgboom
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is my son's account. For the past few months his data has been running out on my phone, but when I check self serve his usage isn't anywhere near the 5 GB he has on my plan. There was a 3 gb bonus add on that gets used up, but it looks like the 5gb on his plan isn't touched. Can someone help please?

12 REPLIES 12

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lolcgboom wrote:

This is my son's account. For the past few months his data has been running out on my phone, but when I check self serve his usage isn't anywhere near the 5 GB he has on my plan. There was a 3 gb bonus add on that gets used up, but it looks like the 5gb on his plan isn't touched. Can someone help please?

@Lolcgboom  Your post subject says "Please help, Data usage off".

IS the Data option turn OFF on your son's phone?

What does the Data Line say when you sign into his Self Serve account under the OVERVIEW area? Can you take a snippet of that and post it? Without any personal info. of course.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lolcgboom 

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

and turn off background data, to save your data.

when your data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

@hairbag1 wrote:

I'm a bit confused about your terminology..."my son's account"...and "my plan".

Yes, wording is confusing. I guess it is all related to son's account.

Most accurate data usage is checking on PM account. All other data usage trackers are approximate. You will receive notification from PM when you reach 75% of your data usage. Even that does Not mean it is correct. Again, logging into PM account will confirm exact data usage.

There are many reasons why data is used fast: phone being on all the time with DATA on; multiple apps running in background with intensive Internet usage - constant updates of 'something'; watching videos; playing games, Viber, etc.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Lolcgboom wrote:

I'm a bit confused about your terminology..."my son's account"...and "my plan".

You do know that each account is separate from each other...PM has no data sharing.

Each account needs a separate sim card for each account. If he has an account and you have an account...you can't share each others data or any other feature.

Sorry if I'm confused but just wanna make sure we're on the same track.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Lolcgboom wrote:

@Lolcgboom 

Can you post a screenshot of My Data & Add-Ons in the first page of your account?

If you say the bonus data was used up before the allotted "monthly" data, I'm wondering if the latter was there in the first place. If there is a provisioning issue, you'll have to ask CS to look into it.

@Lolcgboom 

for your usage history, you only have one page that has data traffic?   One thing, do not use the Sort feature on the Usage history, it is not working.  It looks like it is sorted but it is not.   So, filter from current cycle start date and then really look every single page to find the lines with "Web"

And, can you post a screenshot of the overview tab showing My Data & Add-Ons?  Something like this:

E-MyAcc-OW-AddOnUsage_Purchase.png

Lolcgboom
  • I'm pretty sure data limits were turned off on his phone for just that reason, but I'll check it when he gets home from school. Thank you.

@Lolcgboom wrote:

I'll check the date on his phone, but last time I checked it looked like it was set correctly. There shouldn't be any data limit set on the phone itself. It shows the data used way under the amount in his plan.

@Lolcgboom   this is the screen:

the things to check:

1. Because PM is running on 30 days while your phone is monthly, after couple months, the Cycle starts date on the phone will be off.  So, you would like to manually change it back to match your PM cycle date if you are using the "Set Data Limit" feature

2. for Set Data Limit, make sure you have set the proper Data Limit.  Of course, as stated above, the date has to match your current PM cycle start date or odd things will happen

E-MobileData.png

Lolcgboom

Screenshot_20211115-092828_Chrome.jpg

 I went through all the screens,  this is the only one that showed data usage.

Lolcgboom

I'll check the date on his phone, but last time I checked it looked like it was set correctly. There shouldn't be any data limit set on the phone itself. It shows the data used way under the amount in his plan.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lolcgboom   What kind of phone do you have? 

If it is Android , there is a Mobile Data usage page you can confirm how much data was used. Also, there is a Data limit setting you can enable and stop Mobile Data once the limit is reached.  However, if the cycle date is set wrong, it will mess up and stop the data on the wrong time.  Please check.   

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Regular plan data would be used first then the bonus data would be used.  Can you post a screen shot of his usage history masking any personal information ?

Need Help? Let's chat.