cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please cancel the company I used before.

sunselin16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I transferred my cell phone number to a public cell phone yesterday.

But I didn't reply to the text. So the mobile company I used before is still open.

Please cancel the company I used.

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sunselin16 - Is your previous account currently Active?
If still issues with porting after trying the number @softech provided, submit a ticket with Public Mobile customer support to help restart the porting process click here: for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sunselin16 

Do not call your previous provider to cancel your account. Your account will be canceled automatically when your port completes. Call the telus porting department phone number supplied to you by  @softech with your previous provider's account # to reinitiate your port request and put your old Sim card back in your phone to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it. Once your old Sim card stops working your port is complete. You can put your pm Sim card back in your phone and reboot. All of your incoming calls will now be recieved on your pm Sim card/phone. Your old account will be automatically canceled  and a final bill issued if its a postpaid account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sunselin16 the port was not completed since you didn't reply YES

you will have to call the porting team to retrigger the porting process, and this time, reply YES within 90 mins.  I will msg your. porting number, please check your Community inbox for my message 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@sunselin16 wrote:

I transferred my cell phone number to a public cell phone yesterday.

But I didn't reply to the text. So the mobile company I used before is still open.

Please cancel the company I used.

It looks like the porting has failed. You may need port it again. PM can't cancel the company you used before.  

Debugs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think you will need to call your previous company. 

Need Help? Let's chat.