Plans

jack57
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have a new 34$ month 5G plan and not getting

5G network service what a rip off...

4 REPLIES 4

on2wheels
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The plans are changing every few days here it seems, just yesterday there were plans that I don't see on the front page today, and 3 of them are new activations only now!  These guys really don't like keeping old customers do they.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This has to do with the device you're using. Only certain 5G capable phones can access 5G on Public Mobile.

A 5G speed plan is actually not required to connect to the 5G network.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jack57 - If you don't have a compatible 5G device aka LTE or 4G only it won't ever work unless PM aka TELUS adds 5Ge witch will bring faster speeds than LTE but not as fast as 5G.

Also the S20 lineup has an agreement with TELUS to not have 5G show up on Public Mobile or Koodo. And when Public & Koodo introduced 5G the S20 lineup was discontinued from major updates.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @jack57 

I was on that plan too but never saw 5G on my phone. However, I did a speed test while on 4G and I was getting 5G speeds. That's what really matters. Give it a try and get back to us. Plus, the main point of this plan is to have 50GB of data plus use it in the US at no extra charge... like you were back home in Canada. 

Need Help? Let's chat.