cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan

HockeyDad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not getting an answer after being a loyal customer for many years. I'm very frustrated, especially after being told number of times through Community helper customers that an existing plan can be and have been upgraded to loyal customers. To my dismay, I'm about to cancel my PM subscription and embark with another carrier. Terribly dissatisfied in not getting at least a simple reply from a said CS_Agent on my request to upgrade my existing plan. At my age, or any aged patron, should not have to put up with this stress related issue. 

I have tried to send the following message to  CS_Agent regarding upgrading plan but continue to get the error message: 

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and send the message when you are satisfied.
I have written this in Subject field: Upgrade Plan and the following in message field.
Please tell me what I'm doing wrong as I am frustrated with this issue beyond belief. 
Thanks!

Dear CS_Agent,

I presently have the following plan $ 25 .00 / MONTH 1024 MB at 3G Speed 30-day plan Unlimited Canada-wide Talk Unlimited International Text paying $25/m, but would like to change to the $29/m, 4G, 30GB. Wanting to upgrade for the following reason. I've lived with Type 1 diabetes for the last 61 yrs of my life. It is controlled by an insulin pump, continuous glucometer, and RileyLink Loop, which works flawlessly, as long as I have data. I do not use data for any other reason than data required for diabetic devices. I have run out of data 2-3 times because I may have sent family pictures or something else decreasing my data to 5% in one transaction. This scenario would no longer occur if I was on the attractive $20/m, 4G, 30GB plan. This plan only appears to be available to new activation customers which I am evidently NOT. This problem could be rectified quite easily without me having to change providers which has already been researched. I'm kindly asking for the switch so I don't have to change to a new provider especially having been a loyal customer for a substantial period of time.
Thanks kindly,
HockeyDad
12 REPLIES 12

@Handy1 wrote:

@computergeek541  Yes that’s correct , what I was trying to say is it still doing better then the new activation does  in both cases @CalvinW  so best to use the 50GB for 34 plan then new activation price . But with $7 off in rewards your still laying $1 doller mess then the new activation customer pays and get 25GB more data for the $1 less . So in my opinion loyalty rewards still offer better deal to existing customers then the new activation customer can get 

I understand, and just didn't want anyone to think that the rewards were different from plan to plan.

@computergeek541  Yes that’s correct , what I was trying to say is it still doing better then the new activation does  in both cases @CalvinW  so best to use the 50GB for 34 plan then new activation price . But with $7 off in rewards your still laying $1 doller mess then the new activation customer pays and get 25GB more data for the $1 less . So in my opinion loyalty rewards still offer better deal to existing customers then the new activation customer can get 

@Handy1 wrote:

@CalvinW  Yes they only offered me that plan on one of my accounts too . Think it’s because in Main page it doesn’t say new activation only . But with $7 off in auto pay and loyalty 75GB for $33 still pretty good considering talk and text $25 with 1GB data so the $8 is well spent 

The 75GB plan is $15 more than the 1GB plan (not $8).  A customer with loyalty and autopay rewards would still get the same amounts for those even if on a $25 plan.

@CalvinW  Yes they only offered me that plan on one of my accounts too . Think it’s because in Main page it doesn’t say new activation only . But with $7 off in auto pay and loyalty 75GB for $33 still pretty good considering talk and text $25 with 1GB data so the $8 is well spent 

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, I did. I saw your posts and tried messaging them nicely. Unfortunately, all 3 reps just said their system won't let them change my plan since it's limited to new customers only. They kept pushing me toward the $40 for 75GB instead, which is limited to new customers only. I don't know what gives, but sure sounds kind of sketchy.

@CalvinW  Have you tried asking support for one of these new plans yet ?? They sometimes help they have helped me get the 50GB for $34 plan and I’m in old rewards . I would check with them before jumping ship 

How ever if they won’t and your on old rewards saving $7 every 30 days you can still get the 60GB for $40 and with your $7 off that’s $33 $1 better then the new activation plan  50GB for $34  with 10GB extra  data to enjoy ,so your still comming out ahead of the new activation plan does

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Recently, Public Mobile has only been good to new customers, literally limiting all promotional plans to new activations only. I've been with Public for over 6 years. Besides the grandfathered discounts, brand loyalty doesn't really get you anything. Better to just jump around carriers to get what's best.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @HockeyDad some people suggested good workaround. Copy what you typed and then pasted to Notepad.   Then copy it back from Notepad and paste it to the message box to agent.  This will avoid the HTML error 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Short answer is: Promo and great rates are for NEW CUSTOMERS Only!

If you want to take advantage of better rate promoted by PM you can open NEW account and close existing. Only drawback is you will lose your current phone number.

There is NO point of crying and complaining. That is the way how PM attracts new customers. Existing are ALREADY customers so from PM point of view there is no need to offer them anything. Not even Holiday bonus for this year 😞

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@HockeyDad   That invalid html error is a pain!  Try either cutting and pasting all the post to a text app and then pasting back again to see if that works.  If you have included anything copied and pasted from another web page then remove it.  Sometimes just cutting and repasting the text works without any intermediate steps.  Let us know if you still can't get the private message to send after trying the above. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@HockeyDad  Many have confirmed getting this plan just by asking support . Use this direct link to support to inquire what your eligible for 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

After submitting ticket keep an eye on your community inbox for their reply , or you can use this link to the community in box

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@HockeyDad 

I know you're frustrated, however you should also know that you're posting on a public forum where everyone can read your personal information.

I would recommend you tap the downward arrow in the upper right of your post and edit out information that you might consider personal and not stuff you want to share with anyone online.

As far as being able to send a message, try reducing the content in the message to get the conversation going with the customer support agents. If it doesn't work with the device you're using, are you able to use a different device such as a laptop or desktop or tablet?

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to them by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar, or tap your Avatar down in Messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.