cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM 5G not the same as Rogers

muffin_top
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently switched to PM because everyone kept saying how their service was the same as their previous providers and how they use Telus' network etc. But now when I try to connect to my 5G data in certain areas, I'm not getting any service or it's super slow. It's definitely not the same as Rogers (who I was with for 10+ years) and definitely not as reliable. Disappointed because I thought 5G would be just fine, and now I'm concerned I can't access the internet in certain areas. I feel somewhat conned and wondering how everyone else found it "the same" as their old providers. I think they use the same network but not all the same towers which is why the service is not as good.

4 REPLIES 4

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@muffin_top   I was with Rogers but not on 5G.  I have my phone set to 5G auto so most of the time it "chooses" to be on LTE.  I do get up to the PM maximum speed when on 5G and I can get over the PM 4G minimum but it's dependent on where I am, some areas it's not as fast and there are a couple of isolated spots I visit where speed is very slow.  At my usual location PM has been more reliable than Rogers during power failures which is likely a local tower issue.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@muffin_top  Should be same coverage as Telus . But the 5G speed not as fast as Telus PM 5G up to 250mbs Telus 5G+ up 2GBps is my only gripe 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @muffin_top 

Yes, PM or Telus is Not Rogers

But PM accesses  the same Telus 5G network.  The 5G coverage is not the same as Rogers, so your 5G experience here would be different from your Rogers' experience. But you will have the same experience as other Telus customers experience on the 5G network

Also, Rogers and Telus use different 5G bands.  Your phone's available bands on 5G could be different and hence affected your experienc

and how fast you get on 5G?

@muffin_top wrote:

I recently switched to PM because everyone kept saying how their service was the same as their previous providers and how they use Telus' network etc. But now when I try to connect to my 5G data in certain areas, I'm not getting any service or it's super slow. It's definitely not the same as Rogers (who I was with for 10+ years) and definitely not as reliable. Disappointed because I thought 5G would be just fine, and now I'm concerned I can't access the internet in certain areas. I feel somewhat conned and wondering how everyone else found it "the same" as their old providers. I think they use the same network but not all the same towers which is why the service is not as good.

Coverage and speed and vary greatly with any carrier.  This can depend on location, building contruction, terrrian, and even weather.  Cell site location and network capacity are also factors.

Need Help? Let's chat.