cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan upgrade to 4G

GPENNEY13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I upgraded my plan from 3G speed to 4G speed but not sure how I confirm it? It shows the new plan 4G on my account but my phone still only shows lte or 3G under cellular. I’m in an area that supports 4G so not sure if I need to do anything else for the switch?

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@GPENNEY13 

It doesn't matter if you haveba "3G" or a "4G" plan your phone will automatically connect to the 4G LTE network for mobile data and SMS/MMS texts. It will automatically switch down to the 3G network for voice calls and/or connect to the 3G  network for all services if your phone cannot establish a stable connection to the 4G LTE network. "3G" and "4G" plans only relate to the mobile data speed you will recieve with "3G" it's throttled to 3mbps.  "4G" plans will recieve up to 100mbps mobile odara speed.

As mentioned it takes up to 48 hours for the data speed to unthrottle. Be careful as unthrottled mobile data can use up to 400mb+ per test. Use with caution.

GPENNEY13

Thanks as well! I will wait the 48 hrs!

GPENNEY13

Thanks for the info! 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@GPENNEY13   Wait full 48 hours after plan change, then use Speedtest app to test the speed

https://www.speedtest.net/apps

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@GPENNEY13   your phone could shows LTE or 4G 

First, go to the network type and make sure you have selected Automatic or LTE or 4G

And also, the new speed will come 48 hours after the plan change date.  So, just wait 48 hours

You can download Speed test app from appstore to confirm the speed.  But please test it 48 hours after the plan change

Need Help? Let's chat.