cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan deals?

only1utd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would like some feed back on why there are so many more deals as of late on the 4G network and nothing on the 3G?

10 REPLIES 10

@only1utd wrote:

I would like some feed back on why there are so many more deals as of late on the 4G network and nothing on the 3G?

The plans being advertised as either 3g or 4g are unrelated to the network type.  All Public Mobile plans run on the same networks.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@only1utd   Agree with everyone regarding why PM doesn't offer more deals for 3G vs 4G plans since the starting price currently is $35 for 4G plans and the highest price for 3G is $35.  I'm not sure I would call the 3G $25 plan as a loss leader as I don't even think it's that great a value with only 1GB data unless it's solely for anyone who requires unlimited talk. 

While it would be nice if PM offered more data for plans around $20/25 range (3G) but less talk?, it's probably unlikely to happen as it certainly seems the push is towards the higher data 4G plans incentives.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@only1utd 

Probably because 3G will be phased out by 2025 to make room for 5G.

People with old phones that doesn’t have 4G/LTE will need to look for a new phone.😥

link2475
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Most likely to try to get as many people from the higher end carriers who are negatively affected by increased cost of living, but still need the 4G speeds. We might start to see 3G deals if recession continues and people continue to look for ways to cut their costs.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@only1utd  I think it has to do with most people have 4G capability devices and want a service that compliments that 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @only1utd   because it is new and PM wants to promo it.  PM was the first one from Tier 3 to push 4G speed plan

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I think around $40 is a price point that carrier brands are targeting for promotions.  The $15-25 plans are truly a lost leader.  There is no meat on that bone, lol.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@only1utd simply because 4G plans are higher rate plan and PM makes more money

The 3G plans are bare minimum plan in terms or minutes/data/price.  So, PM is not pushing for these low end plans.

There is very little cost for carrier, two plans can be $10 difference but will only cost the carrier $2, so, the margin is a lot higher for high ends plan, in PM's case, it's 4G speed plans

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I guess 4G is a way to go to the future. Eventually 3G will be phased out similar as in USA.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@only1utd 

Great question.

I suspect it’s because the 4G plans are generally higher priced with higher data components for the many users who are considering switching and wish to have a higher data component.

Need Help? Let's chat.