cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change

martybeckwith
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just changed my plan after 4 days past payment for my old plan. I was charged the full amount for the me plan with no credit for what I just paid 4 days ago. Is that how it works?

5 REPLIES 5

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Please ignore the answer from Alexandf. As you’ll read below, some of  the other community members will provide you with accurate information and answers. 
For future reference, I’d recommend you search the website for information prior to making changes to your account. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

If you opt to Change plan now...you'll pay for new plan right away, sacrificing whatever balance is remaining in current plan. There's no pro-rating of any of PM plans regardless.

If you opt to Change plan on renewal date...your current plan will continue until regular plan renewal date at which time, your newly selected plan will be applied. You won't pay for new plan until it takes effect at regular plan renewal date.

Best practice is to opt for Change plan on renewal date.

change.jpg

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@martybeckwith    There are two options when selecting a plan change and the first one is to Change at Next Renewal (recommended) and the second option is to Change Now or Immediately.  Unfortunately, seems like you opted for the latter and since PM is prepaid there's no refunds/proration as mentioned.  Plus any rewards (autopay/RAF/loyalty, if applicable) don't get applied until the next renewal now either.

@martybeckwith wrote:

Just changed my plan after 4 days past payment for my old plan. I was charged the full amount for the me plan with no credit for what I just paid 4 days ago. Is that how it works?

Unfortunately, yes that is how it works. Was there no warning about this on the Self Serve website?  There should have been a disclaimer displayed indicating that there would be no refunds/no credits for the time remaining on the old plan.

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@martybeckwith 

send a private message to  CS_Agent  and ask them for help you out.

Need Help? Let's chat.