cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change

anshuldewan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

My plan cycle just passed 7 days ago, now I feel the need to change the plan from $15 > $40/50. Will I be charged on pro-rated basis?

23 REPLIES 23

anshuldewan

Thanks for suggestion, will take a note when planning my trip. Haven't started working on it yet.

Heard from others as well the gas prices are highest in Vancouver. Right now, I am not too concerned as I will be working from home for some time however once I start going to office may then I will consider electric.

I will post further on the lounge. Posting here will lose the purpose of the initial request.

Most important - Thanks to everyone who extended their support in providing me precise information. Bravo!!

@anshuldewan 

Or get an EV like @Anonymous ! lol😃

@anshuldewan 

Yes there are some dead spots in North western Ontario. Telus has good coverage along the highways in bc with about a 45 minute dead spot outside of Merrit til you start to climb again up the Coquihalla Pass and there are now issues in and around Lytton. Follow DriveBC to find out about road closures and forest fire dangers.

Oh and gas up in Merrit ($1.34)if you are low.....next gas station Hope and they know it!

@darlicious...

$1.34 - $1.39 in the Trail & C'gar stations.

$1.45 in Creston

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : What is this "gas" you speak of? 🙂

@anshuldewan 

Fill up your tank before you leave alberta.....and in the Fraser Valley. Chilliwack is currently $0.20/l cheaper than Vancouver. We do have the most expensive gas in North America. Geez it's currently $1.49 in Chilliwack, $1.66 in Aldergrove and $1.70 to $1.74 way out in the burbs $1.65 in Burnaby and $1.70 across the board in Vancouver.

Maybe get an e-bike like me.....

anshuldewan

You got that right. I am planning to drive and would definitely need data on my way, hence $40/50 plan in my mind. I know there would be many dead spots/no network coverage(mostly northern part of Ontario and BC mountains) however I am relying on Public network for rest of my trip, hope it work out well.

I have had my number for a long time now and not planning to change however the detailed information is helpful for any future number change.

THANK YOU!

@anshuldewan 

If you need any advice, recommendations, trip or transit advice etc.... you can post in the lounge as there are several of us regulars from all over the lower mainland, the island and southern interior that will be happy to answer non phone related questions.....or you can private message me too if you like. I'm near main and broadway in Vancouver. You're going to love it out here!

.. you might want to avoid 236 area code.  I still see complains about some issue with this new area code. (missed calls, missed text..)

@anshuldewan 

Now the plan change makes sense so you have data for the trip and before you get home internet set up.  There are no extra charges at pm and all current plans are Canada wide. The only roaming is in the US where you would need a 10 day roaming add on.

You can keep your Toronto phone number or choose a new one once you get to Vancouver ( or before). You can change your number up to 4 times every 30 days in your account. By choosing a bc based number you will lower your tax rate by 1% to 12%. If you change your number once you arrive here and want an older area code within the traditional lower mainland calling area choose SECHELT to have access to 604 and 778 area code phone numbers. All other areas such as Vancouver or Richmond etc.... will only produce 236 and 672 area code phone numbers.

All current plans have Canada wide calling.  If you had a previous plan check whether it has Province wide calling.  Your data and texts will work all over Canada.

@anshuldewan wrote:

Thank you all for your response.

I am planing to move from Toronto to Vancouver, do I need to do anything else, like buy a roaming package/ can I use my number anywhere in canada.

Is there something I need to make sure?

With a Canada wide calling plan, you can call most any Cdn number from anywhere in Canada.

No need for a "roaming package"...unless you're going to US.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@anshuldewan 

Take a look at your Plan details of what's included.  Ultimately, that will define what you can/can't do.  Current plans are Canada-wide that allow you to make calls across the country.  Earlier this year, Public Mobile had some Province-only plans where you could only call within your current province, so Add-Ons or a Plan Change would be necessary to call across Canada - this doesn't sound like an issue for you though.

Otherwise, you'll be able to make and receive calls, text messages, and Data no matter where you are (within Canada).

Goodluck with your move!  🙂

anshuldewan

Thank you all for your response.

I am planing to move from Toronto to Vancouver, do I need to do anything else, like buy a roaming package/ can I use my number anywhere in canada.

Is there something I need to make sure?

@anshuldewan 

Yes it will change as well. Your next renewal will then be August 4th. It won't affect your autopay it will automatically change to your new renewal date. But you will have to manually add the funds to your account for the new plan before you make the change.

It's best if you clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari to avoid any error messages or glitches when you do the payment and plan change.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anshuldewan : Yes. You start a whole new plan. You lose any of the 100 minutes you had left and you lose what little data you might have left.

@anshuldewan wrote:

Thank you for your response.

Suppose I change my plan today effective immideately, will my billing cycling be changed too? Currently, I have autopay set up.

Plans are 30 days so if you change today...you're good for 30 days.

anshuldewan

Thank you for your response.

Suppose I change my plan today effective immideately, will my billing cycling be changed too? Currently, I have autopay set up.

@anshuldewan 

No prorating I'm afraid but at least you want to move from a lower plan to higher plan rather than vice versa. With the $15 plan-$2 autopay=$13 or about $3.25 a week. If you change now you lose $9.75. 

Schedule a change plan on next renewal. See how much longer you can get by on the $15 plan. If you really need the data then add the necessary funds and cancel the scheduled change and choose change plan now. You will lose less than $10 of value.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@anshuldewan 

The simple answer is No (like everyone has said).

However, when you log into My Account to request a new plan, there are actually 2 options:

1. Change Plan Now: This immediately changes your plan, forfeits all remaining talk minutes/data/etc you have for this cycle and starts a new cycle with the new plan.
  2. Change on Next Renewal Date: Letting your plan naturally renew after your current 30-days, then renew fresh with the new plan.  This option is generally recommended because you don't forfeit any remaining minutes/data/etc you have.

BlueB_0-1618320379396.png

Depending on what you need, you may want to consider buying an Add-On to bridge the gap of what you need (more minutes, more data?).  Most of these Minutes and Data Add-Ons don't "expire" until they're used up.  Every cycle, your regular minutes/data allotment will be used first before going into your Add-On.  Just make sure you have sufficient Balance (eg. via manual top-up) in your Account before purchasing an Add-On.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM is prepaid so you would paid for your current plan and will have pay for your new plan.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@anshuldewan wrote:

Hi All,

My plan cycle just passed 7 days ago, now I feel the need to change the plan from $15 > $40/50. Will I be charged on pro-rated basis?

Nope...you'll pay full price and lose whatever balance of talk/text/data is remaining on old plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anshuldewan : No pro-rating with prepaid. You will start a whole new plan and new 30 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.