cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin number

supersal59
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought a new phone samsung galaxy and when I put my sim card from my old phone it ask me to put the sim pin and I don't know what is the sim pin can you help me with that please.

19 REPLIES 19

supersal59

Yes it is a 4 digits number, I don't know if by a chance it is the same number as my account PIN. 

@dust2dust wrote:

Or your account pin is coincidentally the same as some standard pins like the 1234 mentioned or 0000.

Wherever you got the phone from, did they want your pin to pre-configure it in?

Or your other phone was setup to use your account pin for the sim pin and then when you move it to another phone it asks for it.

0000 isn't the default for any Public Mobile SIM cards.  I've only come across Wind/Freedom Mobile SIM cards that used 0000.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Or your account pin is coincidentally the same as some standard pins like the 1234 mentioned or 0000.

Wherever you got the phone from, did they want your pin to pre-configure it in?

Or your other phone was setup to use your account pin for the sim pin and then when you move it to another phone it asks for it.

@supersal59 wrote:

I figure it out it is my account PIN with PM now everything is OK. Thanks man.

A phone device wouldn't ever ask for your Public Mobile account PIN.  Is your service working now?  The only way that 4 digit code would have worked would be if someone manually changed the code for the SIM card to match that of the account PIN.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@supersal59 

Your sim card unlock pin is also your 4 digit account pin # that you chose at activation? If so that's news to me.....and something new as far as I know as when I had this issue I could just use the default pin #.

For future reference if needed.....

How do I contact Samsung Canada?

Another preferred way to access 24/7 support is via LIVE CHAT. If you prefer interact with our technical expert over the phone, just call 1-800-SAMSUNG and get support at your convenience between 9:00 am EST and 9:00 pm EST.

Text Support. Text 'SUPPORT' to WECARE (932-273) and get instantly connected to an agent. (Only for customers located in Canada).

supersal59

I figure it out it is my account PIN with PM now everything is OK. Thanks man.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

If the phone is brand new. Is the code on the box, or in the manual, or any other document in the box?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@supersal59 

For the life of me I dont understand why they make these messages so similar sounding that I cannot remember which one is which and have to search for their definitions....

Here is a detailed explanation by Luddite.

• "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."  is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.  
  • "SIM network unlock PIN"  is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.   
  • "PIN unlock key (PUK)”  is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card.  The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 
  • If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it. Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.
  • Only Public Mobile's customer support team can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot.
  • Public Mobile's customer support team can be contacted below.....

**Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@supersal59 wrote:

enter sim card unlock pin.

This means that Softech's answer about your phone being locked to another carrier applies.  Please contact that carrier.  This isn't something that Public Mobile can assist you with, nor is it a code that you could possilby come up with on your own.  (edit:  This would have been the case specifically for a "SIM Network Unlock PIN".)

@supersal59   you have been using a sim card pin?

for SIM card PUK, you can use this direct link to open ticket with PM support:

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Oyn1L6

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

supersal59

enter sim card unlock pin.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@supersal59 

Ok dont guess....

@supersal59   What is the exact message?

supersal59

I've tried that but nothing, it gives me another two attempts left.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@supersal59 

1234 is the pm default pin #. Try it and hit enter/ok.

supersal59

No, it is a new brand phone.

supersal59

Yes that how it looks.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@supersal59 

Which samsung model do you have? Does the screen message look like this? If so try 1234 but just once.

Screenshot_20210827-130125.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@supersal59   where you got your Samsung phone from?  was it via private sell?  It sounds like it is looking for the Carrier unlock code.  You can only obtain that from the carrier the phone it was originally from

And what was it original error message?  

If it is "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." , then you can call Samsung to get this sorted out: 

1-800-726-7864, The only info you will need to provide for a master unlock was the IMEI and where the phone was purchased

Need Help? Let's chat.