cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW PHONE NUMBER

discipline
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I would like to change my phone number, however it doesn't give me a list of numbers, it just shows tat I can put any number i like. Could somebody explain how this thing works to change to a new phone number, because I don't want to lose my current number. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@discipline 

Public mobile has its own pool of cell phone areas for different locations across Canada.  

Here is some more information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/change-phone-number

You can look around the various available numbers for your area.  Don't confirm your choice unless you really want that number. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @discipline 

Another option if you already have one in mind, if you have any VOIP apps and you've had them for at least 6 months, you can port those numbers over. If you don't like any of the numbers offered by Public Mobile, then go find a good number on TextNow or Fongo and hold it for 6 months and you can port it on over. You can change numbers up to 4 times a month. So you can it to something better for now to avoid others but get that special number you like from VOIP. It's a great idea, I did it.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@discipline  You can keep refreshing the page for more options like this in your account profile page, also not you can change phone number 4x for free every 30 days

Change # on profile tabs

Handy1_0-1729456623329.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.