cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone shows dialing out but doesn't dial out or receive calls

badgolfshot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since last Friday my phone won't connect dialing out or receive phone calls. texting works. good signal. The phone shows it's dialing out but isn't connecting. Tried my bell sim in the phone and works as it should.  Another customer I know is having the same issue. Rainy River Ontario location

8 REPLIES 8

@badgolfshot wrote:

Texting works fine. Phone worked fine since last winter and now it doesn't make or receive calls. It shows "Public Mobile" top of screen. It shows "dialing" when I try to dial out. 

Does the phone continue to show Public Mobile as the call is being connected?  The phone should switch over to 3G during the dialing.  Since Rainy River is close to the US border it might not hurt to manually select the Public Mobile network connection rather than using auto network selection.  

badgolfshot

It's not just my phone. A friend that lives close by has the same issue

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I would suggest hard reset to manufacturer's specs but that would mean losing all settings and apps and redoing it.

I had to do it once and it is not fun...

badgolfshot

Had the sim card out a few times. It's happening to another customer I know who lives a few minutes from me.

badgolfshot

Can't find 3g mode on my phone. Texting works fine

badgolfshot

Texting works fine. Phone worked fine since last winter and now it doesn't make or receive calls. It shows "Public Mobile" top of screen. It shows "dialing" when I try to dial out. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is it possible being so close to the border that you're connected to a US tower? Do outbound texts work?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@badgolfshot 

You tried reboot or reseat the sim card?

Try one thing, if you changed your Preferred network type to 3G ONLY  , see if it connects and if it can make calls or if text and data works.  I assume you cannot connect with 3G ONLY mode

Also, after the text, change it back to the usual mode and test the phone in another area.  It could be a localized 3G network issue.  PM uses only 3G network for voice and if there is problem, voice won't work.  Text and data can use 4G network and hence it will still work with the absence of 3G

Need Help? Let's chat.