cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number not working

kas
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I've changed my phone number because the previous one I had with public mobile was for someone else.  When I'd call from another phone, my phone wouldn't ring and someone else's voicemail was on the other line.  Now this new line is problematic as well because it's saying the number is not in service.   I cannot call, text, or do anything with this number.  I don't understand what's going on.  Please help 

31 REPLIES 31

kas

@Dave_M can you assist me please? 

@kas 

It must be frustrating indeed.  However, only moderators can fix account provision issues.  Hopefully, they get back to you soon.  All members of this community forum are customers like yourself.  We have no ability to correct account/payment issues, etc.

kas

I've done so as well to be asked for an error message.  I don't understand why the number registered to the account is still saying the number is out of service.  I'm no expert but I feel like that should've been addressed, instead it was ignored and the message is still what I get whenever I call from another phone.  @CS_Agent 

@kas 

What the moderator suggested did not work.  So, you need to reply to moderator telling them that their suggestion did not work and what to do next?  Moderator hopefully will respond within the day getting you further advice.  

kas

Yes I understand but I've relayed this to the moderator and all I was told was to remove the sim card and put it back in...

@kas 

I have iphone SE and the $15 plan and it works fine with my account.

As stated in prior thread, if the pM card does not work in your iphone SE and another android phone, it should be a PM Service issue.  You tried a few tricks already.  

Likely only moderators can help.  You will need to wait for moderators to offer solution.  The private messaging system is not "live" so you need to wait for moderator response.  

I've moved different messages posted in various places into one thread. This will help to give people a better idea of what's being asked and what has already been tried to fix things.

kas

I just checked again and I don't see the iPhone SE per se, but I looked at a few threads on here confirming it should work given the phone is unlocked and it is. 

kas

Yes this is correct.  I purchased the plan for my little sister months ago thinking it might go away but a few days ago was her birthday and I gave her the phone with the sim card to find out it doesn't work.  I'm very disappointed.  I planned in advance and I still ended up in this situation.  I tried changing the number, but it is still saying not in service.  It's been a few days since I changed it.  The moderator gave me steps to take, same situation.  Members of the community gave me steps to take and same issue.  I can't confirm that the service hasn't worked for over 3 months because the sim card was just sitting here not being used.  I was paying for it so I can't imagine they just sold the number to someone else.... The first number when I tried calling from my own phone  was to someone else who set a voicemail.  I also put the sim in my phone which is an Android and it did not work either.  The phone I bought her was the iPhone SE.  I looked it up, nothing wrong with it, not blacklisted or anything.   I have the receipt for it.  I just want someone to solve this so I can give her the gift properly with no issues. 

@kas wrote:

I've purchased it months ago but the number I got has never worked.  Can anyone help me with this plan? 

How many months ago did you do this ? Did you check to make sure your phone will work with Public Mobile. Look at the top of this page, click Get Started to see if the phone will work here. Let us know.

kas

I have but I haven't gotten any assistance.  I'm trying to see if anyone with this plan was actually able to use it because I cannot.  It's been quite frustrating.  I've never paid for a phone service and not received it.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @kas - You are posting to a rather old thread.  I believe you also posted the same question to another old thread.  lways best to start a new topic for a new question.

As for the issue at hand...  You activated a plan ($15), but nothing ever worked?  Is that correct?  Have you logged into your self serve to check to see that the plan is (still) active?  Is your phone compatible with PM's network?  Have you been paying for months with no service?

Please provide some more detailed information, so that the members of the community can direct you to get you up-and-running.

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kas I don't think you're helping yourself by jumping into threads like this with vague questions about your situation. You've done this in two or three other ones as well.

Post a new topic with exactly what your problem is with details about your phone, plan, etc and the good people around will definitely try and help.

kas

I've purchased it months ago but the number I got has never worked.  Can anyone help me with this plan? 

kas

kas

Hi, 

The two numbers I've had were 289 numbers and weirdly both not mine.  I don't understand why this is happening to me.  

kas

I've tried that trick but to no avail.  The moderator told me to remove the sim card and it should be fine when I put it back in.  That was not the case.  Still waiting on a new solution.  I cannot change the number again, I've tried, it gives an error message 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@kasIt sounds like there might be some miscommunication. Your phone number should not dictate whether or not you get data, as at Public Mobile service service is by the account number which is indexed by one's email (hence your email address can only be used once).

For phone numbers, at this stage the older phone exchanges eg 416 in Toronto or 604 in Vancouver, the numbers have been recycled, chances are someone had used it before. The only way you can get a number that is likely has not been used is to go to new exchanges like 289 for Toronto.

I would also recommend perhaps upgrading to Koodo postpaid, so at least there is a store / proper call centre that people can help you in a more hands on fashion.

@kas 

It looks like that it is a PM service issue since you tried the SIM card in two different phones.  What did the moderators say to you?  Can you change phone number again?

Maybe you can try the lost/stolen phone trick.  It seems to reset your plan/SIM.  

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

kas

Hello, thank you for the reply.  I've looked into the IMEI number for the phone and it's no problem.  The first number worked but I clicked change numbers because when people called it, there was someone else's voicemail on there and it wouldn't even ring on my pjotne so that was problematic.  Unfortunately I had no idea I'd have a phone number that'd be out of service next.  It's been rough

kas

Hi,

I've tried the sim card in an Android device and the same issue persists.  The phone number public mobile has provided me seems to be the issue but they are refusing to rectify it. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@kasPublic Mobile is the lowest tier provider in the Telus lineup. As such, the user is expected to have compatible phone and support pretty much is DIY. I would recommend you swap your SIM card with another phone to see if you can get data. If so, then it is a hardware problem you will need to go to Apple to get the problem rectified.

@kas wrote:

Must be nice to just not have data.   I can't text, call, and access data with my iPhone se.  The moderator team has not assisted me and I have been paying for my plan.  I don't know why this is so complicated.  

Let's try to uncomplicate things for you. I'm assuming you got a sim card and activated it with a plan..correct ? Has it ever worked or did it just stop ? If this is for a new account..did you make sure your phone isn't blacklisted....there's a tool under Getting Started that will guide you to see if that phone is ok here. Try all the hints provided above and let us know whether or not you succeed in getting going.

kas

Must be nice to just not have data.   I can't text, call, and access data with my iPhone se.  The moderator team has not assisted me and I have been paying for my plan.  I don't know why this is so complicated.  

kas

Moderator team has gotten back to me and I'm still experiencing the exact same issue.  Can anyone assist me? 

kas

Hopefully they get back to me soon 

kas

No it has not. 

kas

I've give that a try but the phone number is still not functioning. 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Wow, that's frustrating. It couldn't be two improperly recycled numbers ( no sarcasm intended). I'd email the moderators and ask for a verified clean number. It may take a few days but it might be worth it in the long run.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try the lost/stolen feature. Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone. You could potentially lose any rewards that have. 2. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.