cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone compatibility

TomJurik
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone. Would anyone know, if Samsung Galaxy A40 is compatibile with network in BC? Couldnt find him in the list. Many thanks.

28 REPLIES 28

urikrem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Doesn't work even after reboot. WiFi is switched off.

@urikrem wrote:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/samsung-galaxy-a40
4G LTE is not supported by A40 in Canada

@urikrem   change the network type to 4G/3G/2G first

also, make sure the APN is exactly the same, no extra spacing.   

If it still not working, try to click Reset Network settings and see if it works after.  One thing to note, after clicking that, you will have to manually join the Wifi network again

urikrem

@urikrem wrote:

I tried to connect today. I have a signal 80%, sign H+, I set autoselect 3G/2G only, I set APN for Samsung A40.

Samsung A40 is not a Canadian model but it should work ok  on LTE 

You should not leave it with Autoselect 3G/2G only , but still if should work in that settings,     Change to Automatic or 4G/3G/2G and see if it works well

@urikrem- Can you provide images of your APN settings? Why 3G/2G? Are you in the states? You can use the 4G in any case.

urikrem

I tried to connect today. I have a signal 80%, sign H+, I set autoselect 3G/2G only, I set APN for Samsung A40.
Unfortunately, I cannt use data. When I click on sign "Registration in network", I got opened browser with message "inernal server error'. 
Voice work good.
Any idea, ppl?

I can recommend SIM seller from BC. I believe he charges $1/SIM but condition is to use his referral code. That was fine with me as I did not have 'friend nor family member' as reference... My SIM arrived in 2 days.

cool.. still try to get the SIM from local kiosk and DO NOT order sim from PM site. It can take as many as 3 weeks with no tracking. Very annoying and unnecessary slow delivery time

Jomp

really! ok Thanks good info but I'm in Quebec right ...They never give anything away for free haha! Take care stay safe !

@Jomp  you missed the special earlier.  

You can wait for the next promotion  If you decide to have your wife come over now , make sure you give your referral code for your wife's activation to save the $10 

For the PM SIM,consider going to a local kiosk like Walrmart/London durg/Loblaws, they might give you free SIM when you activate with them.

Jomp

I think I would like my wife to change from chatr to Public. Shw would need just a little data for emergencies so I would like to see if there are any deals right now.

Thank you

@skotmich wrote:

I have just switched from Koodo to Public mobile and it's working on my Samsung galaxy A40.

Koodo and Public use the same network (and are owned by the same company).

skotmich
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have just switched from Koodo to Public mobile and it's working on my Samsung galaxy A40.

@computergeek541 @gblackma I believe that an area which has ONLY LTE no phone will provide calling service. Therefore, every phone used with PM must have at least the 3G bands for full service.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@gblackma wrote:

@Jomp would this work if you are trying to identify if a brand new SIM is valid?

@Jomp wrote:

Try using this...

• Dial *#06#. If it works, your IMEI will pop up and your phone should be compatible on PM network.

To check the validity of a sim to activate, you would need to go to the online activation site at activate.publicmobile.ca and enter the sim card number there. If no error messsages shows on-screen, the sim card is ready for use.  If an error message shows, that means that either the sim card has been used before, or that someone has at least went through part of the activation process in the past 50 minutes using that sim card number.

Jomp

@gblackmaThe IMEI number uniquely identifies a mobile device, it's sepreat from the UICC number or the SIM number. So it won't work for that.

@Jomp would this work if you are trying to identify if a brand new SIM is valid?

@Jomp wrote:

Try using this...

• Dial *#06#. If it works, your IMEI will pop up and your phone should be compatible on PM network.

The Shevchenko should be good too.

@Jomp wrote:

@gblackmaWiil do... were all snowed in over here in MontrealQue...

Ohh I can't wait!!! My man Jon Bones Jones is back in the octagon! It should be a great fight.

Jomp

@gblackmaWiil do... were all snowed in over here in MontrealQue...

Ohh I can't wait!!! My man Jon Bones Jones is back in the octagon! It should be a great fight.

You are welcome @Jomp  . You have one too. UFC fight tomorrow at 10 pm est.

Jomp

Thank you @gblackma 

have a fantastic weekend

Thanks for the information @Jomp . Welcome to the community .

@Jomp wrote:

Try using this...

Jomp

Try using this...

@scorpio17 wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@TomJurik according to Gishan.net it's compatible, excluding LTE data. So in areas with only 4g LTE , you wouldn't have any data. Welcome to PM. 

I don't think it will be a problem. 3g network is usually wider then 4g.

There are some LTE bands that have better provide more coverage area and in-building signal.  There are also now some locations that are only covered by LTE, but not 3g.

scorpio17
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@gblackma wrote:

@TomJurik according to Gishan.net it's compatible, excluding LTE data. So in areas with only 4g LTE , you wouldn't have any data. Welcome to PM. 

I don't think it will be a problem. 3g network is usually wider then 4g.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@TomJurik wrote:

Hello everyone. Would anyone know, if Samsung Galaxy A40 is compatibile with network in BC? Couldnt find him in the list. Many thanks.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@TomJurik , yes the Samsung A series phones are compatible for use on this service.

Need Help? Let's chat.