cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM Takes No Responsibility when US Roaming Add-ons Fail - Buyer Beware

jonathanbaylis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just received a response to my request for a refund for the $40 I spent for US roaming add-ons for my wife and myself in July, as voice, text nor data worked on our trip to California.  The response was that PM takes no responsibility for service provided in the US because it is provided by US service providers, not PM.  So there will be no refund or other compensation for the money we paid PM.  IMHO, PM should not be selling services without taking responsibility for their delivery.  This is a customer service as well as an ethical issue.

10 REPLIES 10

musicollector
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No, I did not contact Support from Seattle for three reasons.

1. There was no compelling reason for me to have WiFi as I was too busy listening to my music to spend time surfing. I had spent too much time on my mobile already.😜

2. I had airport WiFi

3. There was not much time left before my next connection.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jonathanbaylis 

I could advise you on how to rectify the credit issue with the US roaming add-ons but I'm curious to know what you tried to get them to work. Another customer.....

@musicollector was very recently in California and had no issues connecting to the 2G, 3G (wow if you can believe that!) and 4G LTE networks. 

So while I could advocate for you to receive the credits for your us roaming add-ons I would want to know what you had tried initially to troubleshoot the problems you were having with them. I don't see any posts here asking for help at that time unless I missed something and did you contact customer support whatsoever to troubleshoot your US Roaming add-ons at the time? We have a couple of customers today that have posted questions because they cannot get their us roaming add-ons to work and with a little bit of troubleshooting they have connected to the networks to get there US roaming add-ons working.

I'm sure regardless we can get you a "one-time" credit as a goodwill gesture from customer support but it takes the right approach at this point in time. That and starting a whole new customer support ticket on the issue and speaking with a new customer service agent will probably solve it as well.

@jonathanbaylis did you try to push for an escalation?  From what we know , PM has been fair and will usually provide either refund or some kind of compensation based on the level of usage.

And you were in California?    You should be able to connect to either T-Mobile or AT&T 's LTE and able to use text and data.     Were you not able to use at all? or you were able to use some mobile data but just not perfect connection?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@jonathanbaylis 

If no luck the second time with an agent, then consider contacting the PM Manager: J_PM

@Timer Are you serious timer?

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@jonathanbaylis hi that's a little rediculous I would try again with another moderator or ask them to escalate it to the next level,I wouldn't take no for an answer !!

@Timer wrote:

@jonathanbaylis 

contact PM support team by private message > CS_Agent  to them can check your account maybe there given a credit for those add-ons.

@jonathanbaylis already did this @Timer .

@Timer- He just said they wouldn't.

@jonathanbaylis- I would escalate. Although to leave it this late... You really should have dealt with this at the time.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

I tend to agree with you @jonathanbaylis ; I would not be happy with that answer either.

Unless they can prove you did use the services while roaming (which I believe you had issues with), then I would go back to them to ask for their supervisor, or submit another ticket to get another agent.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

miss info.

Need Help? Let's chat.