cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone bill/new rewards

Foxxx333
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just noticed I was charged the full amount $45.20 for my phone plan this month, I had rewards & loyalty credits that previously lowered my bill to $34.45 for the past few years since I joined in 2019..  Why has my bill suddenly gone back up to standard prices? The old rewards/loyalty did not carry over to the new version? I did not add any other subscriptions, go over limits or change my plan. 

7 REPLIES 7

@Foxxx333 You can choose. If you want auto pay on, click on "subscribe". If you would prefer to pay manually, turn "subscribe" off. 

Foxxx333

Oh okay thank you so much! I was confused on knowing which ones were 90 day plans. 🙂 when switching to another plan at renewal date do I have to sign up for auto payments again? 

@Foxxx333 The $34 plan does not have a 90 day option; it only has a 30 day option. You pay $34 every 30 days for 50GB of Canada/US data, text, calls etc.

For plans that do offer a 90 day option, you pay for 90 days up front, and you get 3x the data allotment up front. So for the $21/$19 plan you'd get 6GB up front that you'd get to use over 90 days.

1000014107.png

Foxxx333

I just checked this one out, what does 90 day subscription mean? Will I have to pay for 3 months in advance if I change to this plan, or is it $34 monthly and only data resets every 3 months?

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Foxxx333 Just thought I would mention that it is a good idea to check Public Mobile’s plan offerings at least once a week, if not daily. You probably could have changed to a less expensive plan quite a while ago. And it’s always a good idea to log into your account too and select “Manage Subscription” because sometimes there are plans shown there that aren’t available in the generic plan offerings.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like you're paying a lot. While the old rewards system has now been discontinued, the benefit is that the new plans are much better. For example, there is a $34 plan that gives you 50GB of 5G data, and the full plan works in Canada AND THE US. You may want to review the current plans, as there could be something less expensive and with more benefits.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Foxxx333 

you might have missed the announcement back in March about the change in rewards system

PM retired the old reward system this month (May) and everyone migrated on the new Public Points system. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with the Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the system), and hence you see a higher charge now. 
Then PM will give you the points to your point account after renewal within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  Or you can also use points to buy add-ons with a discounted price

For how to earn points with Public Points,

• you will get the same friend referral, 1 point (= $1) for every referral every month.
  • Instead of $2 autopay, you earn 5% point of your spending in points (plan renewal or add-on purchrases). 
  • Instead of loyalty rewards, you will earn 10 points on your Anniversary date every year 
  • You will still earn Give-Back rewards by participating in the Community. Everyone has a chance to earn can  1/2/5/10/15/20 points depends on the overall participation of the month 

I have to admit Public Points rewards is not as good as the Legacy rewards system, but you are still saving money, just in a slower pace 

Here is more information about the rewards system migration:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

Need Help? Let's chat.