cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number not Transferring from Bell Mobility

BrookKearns
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have authorized transfer of the phone number with Bell and it has been 12 hours and my phone still does not work and the Public SIN does not work in my iPhone 13 Pro Max

12 REPLIES 12

BrookKearns

ok thanks

@BrookKearns

Then it sounds like a provisional/backend issue with the SIM. Easy fix for a CS_Agent so wait a reply from them.

BrookKearns

I replied YES to Bell's transfer request text within 3 minutes of getting it

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@BrookKearns 

If your Bell SIM still works then porting your number over to PM was not completed due to not replying with YES confirming you are porting over to PM with the Bell SIM in the phone. You have a 90 minute window to reply or porting will be cancelled.

To restart the porting process, private message a CS_Agent to restart at from 9:00am to 10:00pm EST so keep your eyes messages icon in your avatar at the top right:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Keep the Bell SIM in your phone.

BrookKearns

Thank you!!! Horrible not having a working phone! Will visit the bell Store tomorrow

Bella_10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think I had the same issue! Ultimately Bell had to fix that. I had to go into a Bell store and have them authorize the transfer, said there was an issue with random iPhones. It took a lot of back and forth and phone calls before I got anything, unfortunately 😕

BrookKearns

i wish I could do that - but when putting in the physical SIM card from Public I get an error message 'SIM Not Supported' and cannot bypass this screen to even get to settings

lilcold_141
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I had similar issue with my iPhone 11.

I am assuming you replied YES to the number port message from Bell.

One thing I had to do in order to use Public Mobile network was to go to Settings > Cellular and manually set the Public Mobile eSIM as “Primary”. Otherwise my iPhone defaults it to use the network of the old SIM card.

BrookKearns

Sent message thanks hopefully its a fast reply - repair ticket didn't work - 404 error 

BrookKearns

SIM Card

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are you trying to use physical SIM Card or eSIM?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.