cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number Issue with Call/Text Display

birinderk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out for help regarding an issue with my phone number on my account. Currently, I have a "778" phone number listed as my primary contact number, and I would like to keep this number. However, when I call or text people, a "236" number appears instead.

Here's a summary of the situation:

• My "778" number is correctly listed on my account.
  • When I make calls or send texts, recipients see a "236" number.
  • I can receive calls on my "778" number but not on the "236" number.
  • I can receive texts on both the "778" and "236" numbers.
  • All my iPhone friends only receive iMessages from my iCloud account.

I've requested the number transfer three times already but haven't seen any changes or resolution. Can someone please assist me in ensuring that my "778" number is the only one displayed and used for both calls and texts?

Thank you for your assistance!

3 REPLIES 3

birinderk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've tried resetting the network....I think that made it work? I'm jut waiting on some confirmation on people calling/ texting me back.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @birinderk 

Did you by chance port that number over from a different service provider? IF so, if you place your old providers SIM card in your phone and see if you have service. If you do, the port wasn't completed properly and I can send you a number to call to resolve this, once confirmed. Have you tried to reset your network settings and then reboot? Sometimes that can clear up some things. Are both area codes carrying the same 7 digit number or was the 236 your temporary number when you joined? 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @birinderk 

try 2 things 

1. click Reset All Networks 

2. try your sim in another phone

if same, please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.