cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Calls from Texas

KeithWinsor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently in Texas and trying to make a call. I purchased a 15 day call and text package but calls do not go through. I am able to text.

9 REPLIES 9

@JRod wrote:

As per this link from T-Mobile, 2G isn’t being shut down until April 2nd 2024.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/coverage/t-mobile-network-evolution

So @KeithWinsor, you should be able to manually connect to T-Mobile and select 2G/GSM in your voice/data settings and make voice calls unless you’ve already tried this. This will really only work if there is T-Mobile 2G coverage where you are and is a bit hit and miss depending on where you are. 

Thank you. I was going by an earlier date that I thought that I saw.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As per this link from T-Mobile, 2G isn’t being shut down until April 2nd 2024.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/coverage/t-mobile-network-evolution

So @KeithWinsor, you should be able to manually connect to T-Mobile and select 2G/GSM in your voice/data settings and make voice calls unless you’ve already tried this. This will really only work if there is T-Mobile 2G coverage where you are and is a bit hit and miss depending on where you are. 

KeithWinsor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you all for the replies and support, now I understand. Time to upgrade I guess. Cheers!

Case closed.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@KeithWinsor 

You can also try calling with +1 prefix in front of area code.  

@JRod wrote:

@computergeek541 

Even if @KeithWinsor’s device isn’t VoLTE compatible, they should still be able to use the T-Mobile 2G network for calling assuming the area in Texas he is in has T-Mobile 2G service, right? 

To my knowledge, T-Mobile's 2G is gone.

JRod

@computergeek541 

Even if @KeithWinsor’s device isn’t VoLTE compatible, they should still be able to use the T-Mobile 2G network for calling assuming the area in Texas he is in has T-Mobile 2G service, right? 

@KeithWinsor wrote:

I am currently in Texas and trying to make a call. I purchased a 15 day call and text package but calls do not go through. I am able to text.

Text mesagees can be sent over an LTE network.  I suspect that your phone might not be able to do VoLTE on the Public Mobile service. The VoLTE capability would be needed to make phone calls while you're there.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@KeithWinsor  Reboot the phone and make sure your connected to T mobile or AT&T , also ensure you got the correct  US roaming add on . And also make sure you have data roaming turned on in phone settings . What phone do you have ? Do you know if voLTE is enabled ?

JRod

@KeithWinsor 

When you go into your cellular settings, go to network selection, are you connected to T-Mobile or AT&T? Manually connect to one or the other and then reboot. T-Mobile has worked for most but try both all depending on which one you automatically connected to.

Need Help? Let's chat.