Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment was done automatically with credit card and the phone was disconnected

Magdolna
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What to do?

Hello,

I have received notification on my phone on Jan 1 , 2022 that my payment was done and my plan was successfully renewed.

The credit card was charged on 31 December 2021 for the monthly payment.

Today my phone was disconnected saying I have to do a payment.

In my account under payment history I see the payment was received on dec 31, 2021

Please, how can we fix this?

Magdolna xxxxxxxx

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

23 REPLIES 23

@Magdolna 

Thank you for the update. I think so would be a little upset at my bank at this point. In this day and age an automatic payment is just that.....automatic regardless of time of day or holiday. But I will have to chalk this one up as one of the more unusual ways of sort of suffering an autopay failure.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Magdolna

The transaction for the monthly payment was accepted by the bank on 31 Dec. 2021 but the bank didn't transfer 

the money until  2 day later after the holidays. So, PMobile disconnect my account and was demanding a payment. PMobile system didn't not check for the late payment transfer and was asking for a new payment. I wrote to Customer Support Agent  CS_Agent, and Explained my problem.

They checked the later transfer and fixed the problem. 

@Magdolna 

Your welcome. We would love to know what the CSA said as to what the issue was....did they say it was a glitch because autopay charged your card and you renewed but then were suspended 2 days later? We like to be able to track weird glitches in case they happen to someone else.

@Magdolna 

Your welcome. We would love to know what the CSA said as to what the issue was....did they say it was a glitch because autopay charged your card and you renewed but then were suspended 2 days later? We like to be able to track weird glitches in case they happen to someone else.

Hollinger

Good. What was the solution?

Magdolna

Thank you very much for the help, finally they solve my problem witth the account. My phone is working.

I do not know how to thanks everybody for their help.

Regards

Magdolna

@Magdolna so the account still showing Status Expired?  Did Transaction log confirmed that PM took the money?

Probably open  ticket with PM is the way to go...

Magdolna

I cannot make a call or receive a call

@Magdolna  we usually don't do anything when it is said Plan Expired.  It only means your account was going through renewal process.   We usually just need to do something if it shows Plan Suspended. 

Also, do you have no service now?  can you make calls and receive calls?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Magdolna 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Magdolna

Hello,

In the Account it says Plan Expired and in the Add on :

Your account is currently expired. You will need to top up to reactivate and purchase add-ons.

What I did: 

In the lost/stolen feature I have Suspended my service.  I did Log out/in.

I did click Resume your service and then in a box On time payment

I got the plan,  cost, credit card #, and the message : You must make a payment by Apr 1, 2022 to keep your phone number and any remaining add-ons.

and when I click on Submit Button  , do not do anything the box stays on the screen

So I cannot Resume my service anymore

What else can I do? I do not have anything to Add on.

On the 31 Dec 2021 the Visa was charged by Public Mobile and on the 1 Jan 2022 my phone was disconnected.

I called the Visa ,  they said the tranzaction was authorized on 31 Dec 2021 and will be processed on 4 Jan 2022.

@Magdolna 

Do you see the 30 day plan charge and/or the automatic top up in your transaction history? If you dont see the top up then you must pay for your plan manually. Your credit card could just have a pending charge that will drop off. Best to get your account/service reactivated and worry about a double payment later....

@Magdolna wrote:

No I did not do anything with Kodoo.

The credit card was charged in 31 Dec 2021, I've verified and the payment history confirm that. The notification on my phone from public Mobile on Jan 01, 2022, says: Thank for the payment. Your Plan has been successfully renewed!

In my Account says:

• Your plan expired on Jan 1, 2022.
  • Top up before Apr 1, 2022 or your account will be deactivated.
  • Current Balance: $0.00

@Magdolna 

Do you see any available funds?  

You will likely need to contact customer service agent as described in previous posts.  CSA can help with account issues including billing.  

Magdolna

No I did not do anything with Kodoo.

The credit card was charged in 31 Dec 2021, I've verified and the payment history confirm that. The notification on my phone from public Mobile on Jan 01, 2022, says: Thank for the payment. Your Plan has been successfully renewed!

In my Account says:

• Your plan expired on Jan 1, 2022.
  • Top up before Apr 1, 2022 or your account will be deactivated.
  • Current Balance: $0.00

@softech wrote:

@darlicious @esjliv   this is the 2nd similar case, right?

@darlicious @softech  - I would like to hear more details from OP first to make any more conclusions at this point.

@darlicious @esjliv   this is the 2nd similar case, right?

@esjliv 

Ditto.

@Magdolna 

Your service renewed and then was cut off? And then you recieved a demand for payment? Have you done a recent chargeback for a KOODO charge on your credit card? If not there have been some weird glitches going on lately with the payment system. Contact customer support as advised by @Anonymous .

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Magdolna  - I may need to take some of my last post back...the dates don't really add up to those expired / suspended messages.

December 31st was when the payment was taken?

And today, was when you lost service?

What does the status say when you call 611? If still ACTIVE, then that is good.

For network issues try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

If the status is suspended, is all okay with your credit card, not expiring or anything?

Perhaps make a $1 manual top up payment, then see if you can reactivate your plan.

OR, Are you a new customer as of December 31st, and you ported a phone number that did not complete the port from the previous provider?

If issues porting or transferring a number to Public Mobile, and it has been over the allotted time it usually takes to complete, submit a ticket here for help: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

@Magdolna 

Contacting customer support is not necessary yet. 

So do you see your payment reflected in the available funds of your balance? In your transaction history is the last line the automatic top up payment of your plan cost or the amount that was owing to cover your plan cost? Or if autopay did not charge your card you may need to make a manual payment of your plan cost by choosing "other amount" and confirming and submitting your payment.

Do you see the 30 DAY PLAN.....$10 and the applicable minutes charge of $5 or the 1GB? AT 3G SPEED....$15? charge? If not and your account status on the overview page is expired/suspended then go to the plans or usage page and click on the lost/stolen feature. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your payment should be taken and your plan/account automatically reactivated. Log out and reboot.

At this point you may want to contact customer support to open a ticket with the tech team to find out why your autopay failed and/or autopay charged your card but your renewal failed.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Magdolna wrote:

What to do?

Hello,

I have received notification on my phone on Jan 1 , 2022 that my payment was done and my plan was successfully renewed.

The credit card was charged on 31 December 2021 for the monthly payment.

Today my phone was disconnected saying I have to do a payment.

In my account under payment history I see the payment was received on dec 31, 2021

Please, how can we fix this?

----------

@Magdolna  - when you say your phone was disconnected, do you mean you have no services? Maybe your autopay failed?

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through SELF SERVE (or by calling 611 if you have a card registered)
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  5. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  6. Reboot your phone.

If this was an Autopay failure, I would let the Customer Support Agents (CSA) know.

Methods to contact the Customer Support Agents (CSA): https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

If you have all your services working - This could be your account going through the normal renewal process. The SELF SERVE account can say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew.

So, if this is the case, ignore these messages on your SELF SERVE account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Magdolna   Can you login to My Account and confirm what is the Account Status?  Was it Active or Suspended?

Also did you try to reboot your phone?

You can receive incoming calls or make outgoing calls?

Is the phone screen showing the SIM connected to the network?  or it shows No Network? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Magdolna 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Need Help? Let's chat.