cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment used without pre-authorised payment setup

Jchambers
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I accidentally topped up my account with $140 instead of $70 to pay for my plan. I was jnitially going to request a reimbursement, however I decided to leave it in my account for the next pay cycle. I was going to skip the month of August as I was traveling in the USA for the month. I have been charged for the month of August without my consent. Is there anyway to get reimbursed for the amount of $70.

9 REPLIES 9

Meow
Mayor / Maire

The only way to stop charge if you have funds on your account would be to report phone lost/stolen. That would immediately suspend your account and you would reactivate it on your return.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jchambers 

Hmmmm.... Had you asked this question the day your plan renewed you might have had more options. However if you have been away since your plan renewed and only just realized what has happened it can't hurt to contact customer support and ask if there is anything they will do for you.

If the plan you are currently on has a promotion tied to it you would be reluctant to switch plans then this may not be an option but you could explain your situation and ask if they would be willing to switch you to the $15 plan for the month and credit your account for the balance?

If customer support agrees to this and switches you to a lower cost plan I would suggest you immediately afterwards go into your account and schedule a change plan on next renewal to the limited time offer student plan of $55/20gb full speed 4G LTE data.

For future reference you're only option to suspend your plan when you have a prepaid balance that equals or exceeds your plan amount you must suspend via lost stolen before your plan renews at the end of day 30 of your cycle.

Suspending before midnight eastern on day 30 should keep your voicemail active although callers may need to enter your phone number a second time once they reach the voice messaging center if it does not go directly to your voicemail.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yeah in your case it's unfortunately how the system works. In other cases it's intentional by the customer. All money runs through the balance. Always. If there's a balance then that is used for the renewal. If there isn't enough balance then that is when the system will go get what it needs from the registered card. This is useful with the old rewards system. Not so much with the new points system. But if you deposit money then it will use it.

@Timer wrote:

@Jchambers 

don't worry about it it's will be in your account in front of the mien page do you see that amount at Available Fund, then ok keep it for next cycle will be taken from there automatically..

Sorry, but that wasn't the question.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jchambers    Sorry, but PM is a prepaid service so unlikely that you will be able to get reimbursed. 

if you had enough funds in your account to pay for the renewal then the only way to not have the payment go through, would have been to enabled the Lost/Stolen and Suspend Service Option (under Quick Links) prior to the August renewal date.   Sounds like that is no longer an option but something to remember for the future, perhaps.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Jchambers 

don't worry about it it's will be in your account in front of the mien page do you see that amount at Available Fund, then ok keep it for next cycle will be taken from there automatically..

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jchambers   I am afraid you cannot.    Since you have enough Available fund there, the account would renew with or without Pre-Authorized payments enabled  (Pre-Authorized payments allows PM to take money off your credit card, but in your case, you have enough fund there and PM does not need to use your credit card)

Usually when enough fund is there in Available fund and you want to avoid a renewal, you need to put your account before renewal day  in Lost/Stolen mode to suspend the account.

@Jchambers wrote:

I accidentally topped up my account with $140 instead of $70 to pay for my plan. I was jnitially going to request a reimbursement, however I decided to leave it in my account for the next pay cycle. I was going to skip the month of August as I was traveling in the USA for the month. I have been charged for the month of August without my consent. Is there anyway to get reimbursed for the amount of $70.

Unfottuantely, the understanding is for funds that are in the account will be automatically used to pay for any plan renewals.  The consent was given by all customers during sign up.

Need Help? Let's chat.