cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 MONTHS with PM, my phone number is changed to a new one on my phone without my authorization

Newbies22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

With no warning, no email, to my surprise my phone number has been changed on my phone(BUT NOT MY ACCOUNT PROFILE) for almost a week. Now, I cannot access all of government benefits or banking services for daily activities since they all use phone SMS authentication. It 's been for a week, and I have sent 3 tickets to CS_Agent for the last 3 days  but received no response or help at all. I 'm a retiree and very desperate have this resolved ASAP.

Please notify CS_Agent for me if you know how to. I really appreciate for your help on this.

25 REPLIES 25

@Newbies22   happy that the nightmare is finally over  🙂

Enjoy your "new" number.. LoL

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Newbies22 - if you are looking for some type of credit for lost services, you likely will not be offered it; you will need to request it with a CSA.

Glad the the phone number is working now!

Newbies22

Good morning,

Thanks for helping me on this issue. I don’t really know what has been done by the technical team on the backend systems, but my number was restored to my phone last night. It ‘s the weirdest  issue I ‘ve ever encountered with. Thankfully, with all of your help and the technical team,  the phone is working now after out of service for a week. I wonder if I get credit for that. Thanks and best regards,

Newbies1956

Good morning,

Thanks for helping me on this issue. I don’t really know what has been done by the technical team on the backend systems, but my number was restored to my phone last night. The phone is working now after out of service for a week. I wonder if I get credit for that. Thanks and best regards,

@Newbies22 wrote:

Hello all, 

Finally, a J_PM contacted me, and let me know it 's a backend issue, and he has assigned the issue to PM technical team. Hopefully, it will be resolved soon I cross my finger for this.

Thank you all for all of your tips and help.

Best regards,

Retiree/Newbies22

I was going to ask if you had a 'new to you' iphone that needed to be deregistered, but this is a public mobile issue..really?

This is a bit freaky @Newbies22 . What kind of backend issue would produce this?

Wonder if this is related to those instances where a number is assigned to someone else when already assigned to another person 🤔

@Newbies22   Glad it is moving.  And when @J_PM  helps, it is on good hand.  

(@J_PM , thanks for checking into this and have a nice weekend  :))  

Newbies22

Hello all, 

Finally, a J_PM contacted me, and let me know it 's a backend issue, and he has assigned the issue to PM technical team. Hopefully, it will be resolved soon I cross my finger for this.

Thank you all for all of your tips and help.

Best regards,

Retiree/Newbies22

@softech wrote:

@Newbies22 

I tagged @J_PM  and @CS_Agent  yesterday and they still have not respond to you yet?  

I think this is a unique but high importance issue that they should look into it quick.   Afterall, Newbie has been trying to contact them for couple days

@Dunkman   do you have any way  to ping them as well?  @Newbies22  has posted this issue with his other ide @Newbies1956 on Sept 1, it has been over 48 hours and no one even approach him yet

@softech 

Thanks for tagging me and additional info. Unfortunately, I don't have easier or preferential access to CSA team.  However, I will tag management on oracle forum, but likely will not be read until Monday.  

@Newbies22 

Have you tried putting your SIM card in an Android phone?  Sometimes, Apple does weird things with Apple ids and assigning phone number, etc.  

YIKES...that's a head-scratcher, alright.

Unfortunately, only a CSA can help with this.

The others have tried to raise this to someone's attention...so hopefully they can straighten things out.

Please...keep us informed whenever you do get it fixed. This happens so rare...I've not heard of it before and wonder also, what happened.

Newbies22

Thanks for your help on this.

Newbies22

It 's an iphone, and I did just that and my phone number was replaced by an unrecognized one.

Sending a message every hour is probably not a good idea. If, after 48 hours, you haven't received a reply...then send another message.

Due to the Labour Day long weekend...it could be a few days before someone responds, I'm afeared.

@Newbies22 

I tagged @J_PM  and @CS_Agent  yesterday and they still have not respond to you yet?  

I think this is a unique but high importance issue that they should look into it quick.   Afterall, Newbie has been trying to contact them for couple days

@Dunkman   do you have any way  to ping them as well?  @Newbies22  has posted this issue with his other ide @Newbies1956 on Sept 1, it has been over 48 hours and no one even approach him yet

Newbies22

Yes, I do have ticket number and will follow your advise to send a private message every hour to get their attention.

Thanks for your help.

Newbies22

Thanks again for your help. I 've done all that. But it still does not work.

What kind of phone do you have ? If iPhone, look in Settings > Phone...it should show your phone number there.

If Android...Settings > About phone/device > Status/phone identity > Network.

@Newbies22 

That is an unusual situation.  Does not happen often.  

If it is a backend issue, then you will need CSA help.  If it has been more than 48 hours since last correspondence, you should send another private message. 

Maybe try rebooting your phone. Network reset of phone.  

You can also try your SIM card in another working phone. See whether same issue.  

HI @Newbies22   So, you are not getting any inbound calls at all

You have opened a ticket with CS agent using SiMon/Chatbot way?  you got a ticket number?

Honest, getting CS Agent to reply on long weekend is harder.  Message them every couple hours with the ticket number for status update:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hopefully that create enough "noise" and they will help faster

Newbies22

Both numbers (NEW and current) are not in service when we tried to test our cell phone by using our land line home phone.

Newbies22

Also, the physical SIM card on my phone is matching with the one on my account profile. I think something wrong with the backend systems.

HI @Newbies22   you now the new number they changed you to?  Call from another phone to this new number, your phone would ring?

Newbies22

There 's nothing happened yet on the message icon.

Newbies22

Thanks for your help. First, I have been able to sign on to my account and looked at my profile, and that how I found out the phone number on my profile is still a correct one but NOT on the phone. Secondly, I did send CS_Agent a private message to outline my issue and my account info and the ticket number for them to do their investigation.

It 's been 3 days since I sent the first ticket but no response or acknowledgement from CS_Agent yet, so I 'm quite desperate and don't know what else I have to do the have my phone number restored ON MY PHONE.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Look at top of page on the right side and you'll see a little envelope icon. If that's highlighted...that means someone is trying to message you. Click on that envelope, if its highlighted. Could be the CSA's are trying to message you already.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Newbies22 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  Public mobile will not change your phone number usually.  

Are you still able to access your My account page?  If so, what phone number is shown in the overview page.  Maybe check your SIM card number in your account to make sure it matches your physical SIM card.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

Usually, CSA will respond within 48 hours.  Usually quicker.  

If you are having trouble with ticketing system, try to directly message CSA:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

CSA may ask a few questions to verify account ownership and then should be able to help you. Response times can take a few hours.  Check your private message inbox (envelope in upper right corner of website).  

Need Help? Let's chat.