cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid up manually, updated card info, service still not working, please assist.

itsmel2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I lost my debit card over the holidays, and before I could replace it, Public Mobile attempted to withdraw funds for my plan, but could not. I have since paid for my plan manually with $13 extra on my account, and have updated my card information, but my plan is still not active and I cannot make or receive calls on my phone. My service is not working. I have waited over half an hour, and still nothing. Is there NO way to chat to someone real, in some way? Please assist asap.

20 REPLIES 20

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@itsmel2 wrote:

I lost my debit card over the holidays, and before I could replace it, Public Mobile attempted to withdraw funds for my plan, but could not. I have since paid for my plan manually with $13 extra on my account, and have updated my card information, but my plan is still not active and I cannot make or receive calls on my phone. My service is not working. I have waited over half an hour, and still nothing. Is there NO way to chat to someone real, in some way? Please assist asap.


Does your self-serve say Active? Or does it say it's suspended up top? If the latter then try clicking on the Reactivate button. If the former then maybe restart the phone.

itsmel2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It says "Active" -- however when I attempt to make a call, I am told via an automated voice message that I do not have an active long distance add-on and so cannot complete the call. But I am calling locally, to my own son, a number that I call every day, and is also on Public Mobile.


@itsmel2 wrote:

It says "Active" -- however when I attempt to make a call, I am told via an automated voice message that I do not have an active long distance add-on and so cannot complete the call. But I am calling locally, to my own son, a number that I call every day, and is also on Public Mobile.


Hmm. Maybe try adding a 1 in front of the number. Or try calling any other number adding the 1.

You could also try manually adding another $1 using that newly registered card and restart the phone.

@itsmel2 Or try texting him. If that works check to see if you have minutes left on you're account (if your on a limited plan).

itsmel2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am on a $40 plan, and have now added an extra $1 to the plan using the new card information. So I now have a total of $14 credit, on a plan that says active. I have also restarted my phone twice, and tried calling the same local numbers using a 1 in front of the number. Still the same automated voice message indicating I do not have a proper long distance plan. But the plan is the same and says active on the website.

My Plan
  • This plan includes:
  • 4.5GB at 3G Speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

@itsmel2...It's a long-shot but try turning on Airplane mode for 5 minutes. Then restart phone. Hope this works this time.

itsmel2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Okay, I have turned on airplane mode. I will leave it for 5 minutes, and then restart the phone and try to call again.

As a side note, I did just text the same numbers I've been trying to call, and texts seem to go through on my end, but the recipient does not actually receive them either (looked at his phone). So text is also not working.......


@itsmel2 wrote:

Okay, I have turned on airplane mode. I will leave it for 5 minutes, and then restart the phone and try to call again.

As a side note, I did just text the same numbers I've been trying to call, and texts seem to go through on my end, but the recipient does not actually receive them either (looked at his phone). So text is also not working.......


We're running out of tricks. Another is to turn off the phone, remove SIM, wait another minute or three and re-insert SIM and restart.

There is a final trick that unfortunately might cause you to lose any rewards temporarily. Using the lost/stolen feature to reset the account.


@itsmel2 wrote:

Okay, I have turned on airplane mode. I will leave it for 5 minutes, and then restart the phone and try to call again.

As a side note, I did just text the same numbers I've been trying to call, and texts seem to go through on my end, but the recipient does not actually receive them either (looked at his phone). So text is also not working.......


What happens when son calls you ?