cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM 5G+

SliJi1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Don’t know if this is just me, but I woke up this morning to the 5G+ logo on my phone. Could this mean 5G+ is coming to PM?

IMG_0336.jpeg

10 REPLIES 10

SliJi1

Good to know. Thanks!

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SliJi1 - I went to Calgary (Which has 5G+ 3500mhz) & it worked, had 5G On but 5G Auto worked as well. iPhone 13 mini. IMG_6808.jpgIMG_6809.jpg

Except TELUS, Koodo & Public Mobile to display 5G+ when in such large cities. The speed there was 250mbps & was really low latency 15ms (Telus Mobility Calgary on Speedtest) with it springing up to 250 in seconds! I also used the iOS 17.4 Beta 4 software on these tests!

@softech It's actually up to 2Gbps with Telus, though I've never gotten higher than 500Mbps. I also don't think I've ever noticed being connected to 5G+ with my Pixel 8 (just 5G), and I live in a populated area of BC.

SliJi1

Yes I’m on the 17.4 beta

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SliJi1 - Are you on the 17.4 beta? Because Telus has 5G+ symbol on the beta, but I haven't got it yet because I am in a non-5G+ zone (15km south is 5G+.) This Saturday while I was in the 5G 3500mhz zone it just said normal 5G. It seems interesting.

Jacob_Brooks

thanks for posting this question, I did see that 5G+ and was wondering what it was. Hopefully faster speeds are coming.

SliJi1

Yup, I live in Toronto so there’s plenty of 5G coverage here.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@SliJi1   Not here but then I typically only get LTE when in the house, I will only get "regular" 5G when out and about in the area.  Checking the Telus coverage map I'm too far from Telus's 5G+ area anyway, I'm still in the purple zone rather than the darker + zone.  Are you in a 5G 3500MHz area?

https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/network/coverage-map 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SliJi1 

5G+ only means  3500mhz 5G coverage.  The icon 5G+ does not mean you get  up to 1Gbps speed like the "5G+ plan" , up to 1Gbps, with Telus.  Also, with PM a tier 3 provider, I doubt we are getting 1Gbps anytime soon

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@SliJi1 

If your device is set to auto under networks, it may vary depending on signal.

Need Help? Let's chat.