Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged Payment

victor15
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I hope your day is going well.

For the month of May, I was charged $28. I don't understand why that is because my bill has always come to $22.4 in the previous months. Why did it become $28 and why was I not notified or given any explanation? 

Thank you for looking into this matter. 

2 REPLIES 2

Meow
Mayor / Maire

No more monetary rewards!

No more loyalty nor autopay nor referral monetary credit every 30 days. Now you get 5% off your bill back in points, 10 points at anniversary and 1 point for every referral. If you participate in Community few more points could be awarded.

When you collect 15+ points you have to manually convert them to $15, it will not be automatic applied toward your bill.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@victor15 

Are you on $25 plan? if so, you might be able to get the savings back.  But let me tell you what the actual issue is

PM retired the old reward system earlier (May 2024) and everyone migrated on the new Public Points system. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with the Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the system), and hence you see a higher charge now. 
After renewal, PM will give you the points to your reward account within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  Or you can also use points to buy add-ons with a discounted price

But you have a $25-1GB plan, you might be able to get the lost money back.  PM is offering existing subscribers a $19-1GB plan.  It is pretty much the same $25 -1GB plan, except it is better, it has 4G speed instead of 3G.   With it being just $19, you can recover the lost reward savings from the change of the reward system.  You might want to login to My Account and schedule a plan change to this $19 plan using Change on Renewal option

Need Help? Let's chat.