cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some thing is using my data

Judye
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've turned off all the iPhone 8 software updates that I can. Every evening at 12:17 am and again a little later in the early am, I have data usage. This also happened in the last 2 weeks while I was in the US. 

Is there any way to find more information on what is using this data? 

Thanks, Judy

6 REPLIES 6

Judye

Thank you very much. I'll submit a ticket. 

@Judye that's seems to be a lot than I expected.  Best to open ticket with PM support to ask them to further investigate 

Please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there          

Judye

My plan renewed on the April 14 and I was in the US April 15-29 ... and something used 70 mbs of my data while I was gone. I'm bafffled.

@Judye it is true it might record 2 or 3 mbs in the usage log,  but those usually do not count towards the data bucket 

Judye

It happened every day in the last 2 weeks in my Canadian data plan, while I was in the US using an add-on data package.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Judye 

PM does not update the data usage constantly.  In fact, it only update it twice a day. 

So, any entry you see is just a total usage between that timestamp and the timestamp of the previous entry.  The early morning usage  you see on the Usage log does not mean it was used in the morning but a total usage for the last 12 hours.

Also, for correct usage reading, always use Incognito mode to login My Account to avoid reading cached old info

Need Help? Let's chat.