cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of N.America i.e. no network. Want to port number and cannot receive SMS

ash-kumar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm writing here after trying my best with the chat bot & the subsequent form of trying to get in contact with support. I was simply not able to submit the details to create a ticket no matter how much correct information I provided, and I was told by the Chat bot that there were some technical difficulties and to come write my issue here.

Simply said, I've moved out of Canada, and there is not the slightest hint of network here. I am using a VoIP service that allows me to receive and make calls to Canadian numbers. I would like to port my PM number over to this service. They have all the appropriate details, and they've contacted Public Mobile. PM sent me a text to confirm  - except I can't receive texts on the PM network here!

I'm trying to get in contact thus with whomever who can confirm that I'm legit and that this is a legit transfer.

13 REPLIES 13

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@0PX9O4 

Are you referring to the telus porting department phone number? If you are going to give the phone number to customers it is important that you understand its purpose and one of the main reasons pm has requested community members only share it privately is so that department of telus does not get over run with phone calls from customers requesting support for non porting issues. They can only help with basic porting in problems mainly:

1. Correcting porting info errors like typos in account or IMEI #'s.
  2. Spelling mistakes in the name or address if applicable.
  3. Reinitiating port requests that have expired such as the 90 minute window to approve the PAT (porting authorization text).
  4. A status report on a more challenging port that can take up to 14 days to port from like certain landlines or voip providers.

The employees of telus porting department do not have any access to customer accounts  of any provider and cannot help with authorization other than generating another SMS text (PAT) if the customer calling has the correct info to give to the telus employee to imput into system to resend the PAT.

Make sure you communicate the limitations of the service the telus porting department can provide when you share the number with customers. As community members helping others its assumed that we have enough common sense to filter questions and gather additional info from the customer to determine if we can help fix the problem or if it's an account specific issue that only a CSA can resolve. Surely you possess more skills than a sign pointer?

ash-kumar

Yes, the issue should be resolved by PM.

@ash-kumar yes, you don't need to call that number.  It is for port in request 

You have opened a ticket by private message yet?

ash-kumar

Yes I did and unfortunately they couldn't help me out. They just blanked out when I mentioned Public Mobile.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ash-kumar Glad it all worked out 😁

0PX9O4

@ash-kumar 

Did you try calling the number I sent you?

ash-kumar

Just leaving this reply for future people who go through something similar.

I took BeachNBeer's advice and messaged them directly.

CS Team was painless to deal with - I gave them all the details from my account upfront in my first message and they asked for a couple of other details to confirm.

They replied back quickly both times and the second reply they approved the port manually. Hopefully it works but seems like it's good.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If that voip service is from out of country then you can't port to it. I'm not sure about number parking services as a go between though.
A workaround would be that if there is someone you trust here in Canada, they can buy a SIM, they can give you the number, you can change the SIM on your account using email, they can insert the SIM into an unlocked compatible phone, you can request the port (if valid), they can respond to the confirmation text. Done.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you cannot receive SMS to confirm port you will have to contact CSA or call special PM porting number for assistance.

To contact CSA links has been provided same as porting number. No other way...

BeachNBeer

@ash-kumar  Everyone on these forums are customer's like you. Please follow the instructions on other post to contact Public Mobile support team. They will be able to assist you.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ash-kumar   Yes, porting requires text confirmation.  it is a bit tricky if you are away from Canada now.

the only choice you have is to open a ticket by private message (yes, chatbot is not working now) and hope PM supports agree the porting without a text confirmation

message them here: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

0PX9O4

@ash-kumar 

I have just private messaged you some info about a number you can call for help with this particular issue.

BeachNBeer

@ash-kumar 

Contact customer service agents. 

Open a ticket via: 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time) 

Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗" 

or send a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

Need Help? Let's chat.