cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Activation - 24/7?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi All, 

Is the Online activation 24/7?  I meant even if I activate  3am in the morning, once the payment gone through, the SIM should be working immediately?  

There is really no difference activating late at night vs during business hours?

14 REPLIES 14

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow  -

24/7 I would concur as well. 

Ported both cell and landline over. 

I think the 2-3 hours is given for cell porting and 3+ days for landline voip for basically any porting delays.

Like things we like to call stuck ports (incorrect account number, or imei entered, name on account, number not available to port over, and such and blah and other and etc...).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yummy : Um...I think you are misinterpreting and you didn't complete the quote. I went on to say that the question then made me wonder too. I also apologized for what seemed to have been a mis-reading of my earlier post by the OP. I think the OP and I have squared it up as evidenced by them saying no worries.

I've only ever ported one number. Ever. That was from a Telus SmatHub service simply to cause the closure of that service when I no longer needed it. It was just the internal phone number that they hang a service on to.

@Anonymous wrote:

No. It caused me to be curious as well that since a regular didn't know, and I don't know,

Why do you expect 'regulars' to know everything??? I never ported nor activated service service in wee hours so had no idea how that works.As per follow up post it looks everything is automated while I expected at least some human intervention might be involved in porting... Learn new things every day...

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hTideGnow   Porting does not matter either because it's done automatically by the system.  It's not a manual process done by a person.  You will likely get a text confirming your intention.  Once you confirm it via SMS, the number is ported instantly. 

Zyl

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi All, 

Is the Online activation 24/7?  I meant even if I activate  3am in the morning, once the payment gone through, the SIM should be working immediately?  

There is really no difference activating late at night vs during business hours?

@hTideGnow   Yes it is.  Once the SIM is activated, a payment will be taken right away and the account will be available immediately with the SIM working instantly. 

There is no difference when you activate. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@darkomega 

Thanks I have never ported in the middle of the night so I didn't know how automated it was....

@hTideGnow 

That being said you would want to ensure all of the info is correct. Unless time was of the essence choosing a temporary number is still advisable given the relatively high incidence of sim card provisioning issues upon activation. If that occurs not porting in upon activation ensures you still have a working service until customer support can provision your sim card correctly.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

No worry @Anonymous  

Yes, we cannot experience all the different situation ourselves, that 's why I like to ask and understand   🙂

Again, thanks all

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow : Oh my. My apologies. Reading it back I can see why you might have thought that. No. It caused me to be curious as well that since a regular didn't know, and I don't know, that that made me wonder. So I hazarded my guesses.

darkomega

@hTideGnow wrote:

@darkomega wrote:

Yes it's 24 hours, I've personally activated late in the evening in the wee hours of the morning.

Hi @darkomega  and your experience include porting request?

I ported in instantly as with any other time of the day, it's all automated as normal.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

Other than what @Anonymous has mentioned the only big difference would be porting in a number upon activation. If you activated in the middle of the night you may want to choose a temporary number to ensure all of your services are set up and then port in thru self serve during regular business hours to ensure you recieve the PAT (porting authorization text) in a timely manner and you can contact customer support and/or call the telus porting department If there are any issues.

Activating after midnight eastern rather than just before will also give you the "extra" day of paid service.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@darkomega wrote:

Yes it's 24 hours, I've personally activated late in the evening in the wee hours of the morning.

Hi @darkomega  and your experience include porting request?

darkomega

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi @Anonymous   I am serious.  And I don't know everything.   Also,  I always activate online during the day and wonder if it makes a difference late at night

how about Porting?  If people request porting late at night, since it involves another carrier, is that fully automated and can completed no different than during the day? or it has to wait till business hours for the Porting request to get through

Hi @Anonymous   I am serious.  And I don't know everything.   Also,  I always activate online during the day and wonder if it makes a difference late at night

how about Porting?  If people request porting late at night, since it involves another carrier, is that fully automated and can completed no different than during the day? or it has to wait till business hours for the Porting request to get through

Anonymous
Not applicable

A question coming from a regular makes me wonder. But I would say it's 24/7...barring maintenance and unscheduled downtime.

Need Help? Let's chat.