cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Number

luxiline
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m looking to get my husbands older number back. I would like to change my current number 250-xxx-xxxx to his previous number of 778-xxx-xxxx. Our customers and distributors are more familiar with this older number. I have called it, it’s no longer in service since we let his plan lapse.  Is this something that is possible or not?

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information.

11 REPLIES 11

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @luxiline   sorry, the solution you picked probably won't solve your problem , it  is only for your protection 

@luxiline wrote:

Yes the number is with PM. I’m unable to login to the account we had issues with it from the start so he switched out to a contract with bell. I’m still a PM customer and would like that number but I know that may not be possible

@luxiline  - if your husband's Public Mobile account is still current, but you cannot log into the account, can you try the Forgot your password option to see if you can log in that way?

If still issues, ask CSA for help to get access back to the account, by methods softech posted in their 1st post.

If you have a ticket in with CSA, you might as well as them your question on what you would like to do.

Good luck.

luxiline

Not sure how to do kt

luxiline

Yes the number is with PM. I’m unable to login to the account we had issues with it from the start so he switched out to a contract with bell. I’m still a PM customer and would like that number but I know that may not be possible

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If the number was with TELUS, Koodo, or Public Mobile, you've got a half-decent chance at getting it.

Give it a go, @luxiline 

Let the Customer Support team know the importance of attaining this number - you never know, you may reach a willing and knowledgeable agent who will do it for you.

Let us know the result, please.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@luxiline   Yes, 778-531-xxxx is a Telus number.  So, you can check with PM Support, very slim chance. 

Or as @hTideGnow  said, your last hope is to activate a new account and hope to get the number you want.  If you are going that way, you might want to check with Telus.  They allows you to enter the last 4 digits, then with the area code, you have better chance to get the number you want.   

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@luxiline @Dunkman please remove the number this is a public forum.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

How long ago did you let his plan lapse?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @luxiline   

I don't think PM will just re-assign you the number 

How long you have given up the number?  If you got from PM number when you activated, the number would have be back to Telus family.  If you activate with PM again, you can try to pick the number back.  But every time they will only show 6 numbers to choose from, so , it could be a long exercise

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@luxiline the 778 number is a suspended plan currently with Public Mobile?

How long has it been suspended for? If over 90 days, the account is permanently and number is gone.

Or, do you mean the 778 number is just in a non-pay status currently (but still within 90 days).

You cannot switch numbers between Public Mobile accounts..if that is what you are asking to do.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@luxiline  this is a open forum and we are just customers.  Please remove your phone numbers

honest, it is hard to request specific number.  Is your husband older number belongs to PM or Telus? There is really a very slim chance they will help to assign it to you.  Unless you just loss the number very recent.  But no hard to ask them, please check with PM Support:

1. If you have access to My account: Click on the bubble on the lower right or https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.