Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd text message, auto pay warning

Public506
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

557539FE-912F-4555-8F7A-0C951FC2F9B5.jpeg

Hey guys,

posting this on behalf of my partner, and they keep greeting these. They recently joined. Credit card is set up on the account, and the payment appears to be taken. Should they worry about this? They haven’t had any impact in service so far *knock on wood*

thanks in advance, I realize this could just be an ‘oopsie’.

11 REPLIES 11

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

Try hybrid auto pay.....no issues ever with payments. 

That works for members on rewards but for members on points there's not many reason to do that.  Customers manually paying lose the convenience of automatic payments but points members get no benefit of using autopay., so it would almost the same as leaving it off 

@cellphoneuser1 

Not sure what you mean. 

What does it matter, points or dollars? 

Always leave auto pay in place as a safe guard. I use a $25 prepaid MasterCard for auto pay while others use expired prepaid Visa or MasterCard on their account, that is, if you have lots of loyalty or referrals. Other wise leave a valid card on your account. 

Pay manually 2  months in advance, then when your next payment reminder pay one more month manually there after. So you will be always be paid up one month in advance. Any $ rewards or points cashed in that show in balance, adjust that one month ahead payment downwards accordingly.  Yes it’s more work!!

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

That works for members on rewards but for members on points there's not many reason to do that.  Customers manually paying lose the convenience of automatic payments but points members get no benefit of using autopay., so it would almost the same as leaving it off 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CountyDownIeUk  has a good point. It's possible that there was a bad glitch with the payment system. Don't trust what is says about "Peace of Mind" with automatic payments. In my case I had no warning of an issue. The first sign that I had was no incoming calls or text messages. I got things going again by purchasing a payment voucher in store and applying with *611 and opening a ticket to get the billing issue sorted out.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Too often members use the word glitch. Making you think all is ok. BUT maybe not. 

Do your own verification. 

Log on to your My Account. Does it say Active? Look at transactions. Did a charge show on the renewal date? And on the day of renewal you will receive 2 texts. One around 9am that’s says your account has renewed and another around 9pm saying where the payment was sourced from. 

Does the phone work for inbound/outbound calls and texts along with data?

Lastly contact a CSA. 

DWNB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This was very helpful. Must have been a glitch. I had changed payment method earlier in the day. The payment was taken and account is active and working fine. What a useful community. Thanks to all who replied😁

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

IF your credit card has been charged, check your account to see if it is Active and When is next renewal (should be 30 days ahead).

OR autopay might failed. Then you will have to pay manually or buy voucher and pay through account or 611

Public506
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you, I’ll let them know, and figured it was just a glitch. 

have a fantastic day!

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Public506 wrote:

557539FE-912F-4555-8F7A-0C951FC2F9B5.jpeg

Hey guys,

posting this on behalf of my partner, and they keep greeting these. They recently joined. Credit card is set up on the account, and the payment appears to be taken. Should they worry about this? They haven’t had any impact in service so far *knock on wood*

thanks in advance, I realize this could just be an ‘oopsie’.

Login your PM self service account, make sure everything is OK, such as payment history, your account is activated, etc.

Since PM website has caches issue, so clear caches , cookies then using computer and private or incognito mode browser to login. For some mysteriously reasons, mobile device some times hard to login, so don't use mobile device to login.
Follow above method to login.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Public506   important thing is , do you have service now?

Best to Login to My Account using incognito mode and check if account status is Active and check the cycle date

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Public506 @Nothing to fear there just follow the prompts and make payment 

edit make sure your cc hasn’t expired 

Need Help? Let's chat.