cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

someone is using my contact number for a call

hokani
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was surprised when I get the message that I have only 10 more minutes to talk from my phone for this month. So I logged in to my public mobile account and surprisingly saw in history that an unknown number talked for 42 minutes on Jan 17 which did not show up in my actual physical phone. I don't know how but someone is using my contact number so can customer service verify the security of my phone please. 

7 REPLIES 7

@hokani then it is just voicemail and you likely don't need to open ticket with PM support. 

make sure you remember, if your call VM from your own phone,  it will show on your usage and it will use up your outgoing minutes

if you call VM from another line, or someone called you and got routed there, it will still show on the usage but those calls won't count towards your outgoing minutes 

hokani

Thank you! I will try your suggestion.

hokani

Thank you for your information. Appreciate it !

hokani

Yes, the number ends with 4001

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@hokani   what is that unknown number?  does the destination number of that call ends with 4001?  If so, that number ends with "4001" is the PM voice amil, and that could be an incoming call got routed to your voicemail.  Yes, it shouldn't be 42 mins long, but it shouldn't take your mins off too

if it is not a number ends in 4001, can you show both the originating number and the destinating number?  (unless one of the two is your own number) 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hokani - we are all customers and members like you here on the forum, and have no access to your account.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

But curious, this number you say for 42 minutes, that is odd.

Know that if you are seeing a number listed in your details ending in 4001 that is your voicemail access box number. Only checking voicemail uses outgoing minutes, not people leaving you messages.

The time stamp for outgoing calls may not jive depending on the time zone you are in. You see this in today's detail calling log?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@hokani @Get support 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

Need Help? Let's chat.