cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLD Credits Missing in New Rewards

EHMOBILE
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was FORCED to switch to the new Rewards system in May.  I received my first bill under the new system and my $4/month LOYALTY and $2/month AUTOPAY rewards have DISAPPEARED 😞  That increases my subscription cost by just about $7/month (with taxes), making Public Mobile not as competitive in the market!  However, the $5/month referral reward was applied but NOT to my monthly bill as it has been done in the past!!!!  It's now just a reward CREDIT that I cannot use without additional intervention  😞

How do I get my credits back and how do I have all of them automatically applied to the monthly bill, as they were in the past?

This new "rewards" system no longer seems to be very rewarding.

No longer a happy customer!

9 REPLIES 9

turtleTurtle
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Unfortunately this is the new system, there is no going back to the old way. I am sure that PM took into account that some of the old rewards members would leave.

For me PM is still the best price for the plan I have. I have a few referrals so at the moment it is the best price for me.

Y4J259
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@EHMOBILE 

Everyone on the old loyalty rewards have been forced ok not the new points system. See THIS link. You should have received an email or text from PM. If not, consider filing a compliant with CCTS as so many others have. 

You will no longer get $2 auto pay, or up to $5 loyalty, or have your referral credits come off your bill automatically. Instead you will get 10 points per year for loyalty, (basically PM have changes the value of your loyalty from $60/yr to 10 points annually). You will get 5% cash back on any bill amount, but in points. And your referrals will be earned in points, too. If you want to reduce your bill, you must earn 15 points, then log in, and manually purchase $15 bill credit using your 15 points. 

It also seems that any referrals you've earned this month won't count until after your next bill. 

asiaminor2k
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

For customers who were *force migrated* to the new Points system (like yourself), everything you described is the result of Points. Points is universally bad for customers originally on the old Rewards.

hi @EHMOBILE sadly noB, and  they don't have to. 

Likce hike, I don't think you expect them to  consult you ahead, right?? And rewards is not even plan price, why would they consult you

They have terms saying they reserved the right to change the rule there.  And tell you a sad fact, they can even cancel the rewards system completely 

EHMOBILE

Did they even consult their clients before implementing these "improvements"?  After 5 years with Public, I think this will have me take a closer look at alternative carriers.  BAD TELUS!

@EHMOBILE   Those of us who joined after the beginning of 2022 have always been on points.  I just let them accumulate and then use them for bill credits, you don't have to log in all the time.  It still works out better for me than elsewhere but I do understand why longer time subscribers are upset about it.

EHMOBILE

Again, I have to reiterate that this is not so rewarding a system if I have to logon all the time to apply the rewards.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@EHMOBILE 

Yup we are not happy either.

There are no points for AutoPay but you should have points for loyalty and there will be 10 points added on your anniversary date.

You only get 5% in points based on your monthly bill. Once you have collected 15 points…redeem it for a $15 credit.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@EHMOBILE  There's no way to have the points automatically applied.  Once you have collected enough you can log in to apply 15 points to get $15 off your bill, or buy discounted add ons starting at 5 points (for example an add on that costs $30 to buy is 25 in points).

Need Help? Let's chat.