cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of rings before voicemail

Arrbilly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all

I need to add more rings before my calls go to voicemail.  How do I go about it?

regards

R

5 REPLIES 5

@Grannie 

it wouldn't be 20 rings (if it is 20 rings, not many people will really wait for that)

did you check the suggestion above?

Also, PM has been having some problem with forwarding, which could affect forward to voicemail in different situation.

I would suggest to dial  ##004# to reset everything first (it deletes whatever conditional call forwards you had previously configured,  it then replaces it with your default public mobile voicemail deposit number) 

If that still does not work, open ticket with PM support and have them to reset it once on the system and that should correct the 20 rings issue

Grannie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For years, with Public, I used to have 4 rings before the caller went to voicemail, which was perfect.  Now it rings 20 times before voicemail.  Callers get frustrated waiting and hang up.

I have an old iphone 5c.  But research tells me, that my service provider (Public) sets the no. of rings. I cannot.

Help

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The maximum is 30 seconds using the *61* call forwarding dial code

@Arrbilly wrote:

I need to add more rings before my calls go to voicemail.  How do I go about it?

Dial *61*your vm number*xx#

xx is the number of seconds such as 5, 10, 15.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Arrbilly  I don’t think you can , it’s same for everyone I believe 

Need Help? Let's chat.