cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 Plus

LeciaroverRTK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Used an IPhone 7 Plus on Public Moblie. Sold the phone to someone else now it’s saying the iPhone is locked. How do I get the phone unlocked. 

13 REPLIES 13

improper sef solution removed/solution re-assigned

LeciaroverRTK

The phone was locked by Telus. Was able to solve the problem 

Hi @LitlLdy I am thinking what error OP saw.  If the phone was used here, next used on another carrier after, there is really no reason the phone got locked again.  I heard if some US carriers will lock the phone after it was used there, but no Canadian provider will do that 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@LeciaroverRTK wrote:

Used an IPhone 7 Plus on Public Moblie. Sold the phone to someone else now it’s saying the iPhone is locked. How do I get the phone unlocked. 

@LeciaroverRTK , if this is a dumb question I apologize but did you erase all content & settings to restore the iPhone as new before selling it? Which removes it from your iCloud account, iTunes & so on.

Hi @LeciaroverRTK yes,  please check the blacklist first.  If the phone is clean, try to submit a ticket with PM for help.   

LeciaroverRTK

I got the phone used hand back in 2017 and put it on public moblie. Then my dad used it on public moblie as well. Then we just stopped using it 

Hi @LeciaroverRTK if it was used in PM, and never used on another network since, there is really no reason the phone is locked again and cannot be used here

Check blacklist first 

At the same time, submit ticket with PM and explain that it was used here before and now you try to use here again and hope they can unlock for you 

LeciaroverRTK

My father had it and give up on the cell phone after me. Also was on public mobile. His public account was deactivated a few months ago. So I don’t know why it would be locked 

Hi @LeciaroverRTK so, it was never used on PM network before??

it would be easier to ask the buyer for help

You can still try PM agent  but they might not help 

and you sure the phone has a lock problem and not blacklisted?  check here 

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

LeciaroverRTK

The phone was unlock when I got it off someone second hand. I put in the public mobile SIM card and that was it. Now it’s locked 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @LeciaroverRTK you got this iPhone from Telus or PM?

Submit ticket with PM agent and they are supposed to help you to unlock 

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Forgot Login,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Did you or anybody else EVER use this phone with any other provider (Telus, etc.)?

How old is this phone?

All phones sold in Canada has to be unlocked since Dec 2017.

Need Help? Let's chat.