cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number is different when texting on 1st text????

Kandrews
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I recently switched over to public from Koodo. On the first text my number is different than mine. But on the second text it switches to my number. Why is that? (FYI I also went from LG to Samsung when I switched carriers). 

8 REPLIES 8

@Kandrews 

usually when a port fails PM give the customer a temporary number. it sounds like your sim/account is going in and out of that temporary number PM provided. I think the account is experiencing some sort of porting issue

Kandrews

All so far. I usually message by messenger. But by phone with public with a new phone it's doing this. 

Kandrews

No it's a different last 4 digits on first text. Than after my phone number. I only noticed it after a new coworker texted me her number and I replied. It came up with a different number. Than after I texted again to the same number it was received by my number. If that makes sense. It happened again tonight. Texted a number. Came up with the same wrong number, then I texted again and then my number. On a phonecall it came up as no number. But after the call, it came up as my number.......it seems confusing haha. Sorry

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kandrews 

Oh... So it's kind of like call display isn't quite working correctly? Is it only one of your contacts or does it happen to all of your contacts?

Kandrews

Yes, so the first time texting on a first call it's a no number. But after we hang up, they can see it's my number. If that makes sense. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Kandrews   you meant when you first text a friend, he or she saw a different number?

it happens to all your friends who you text him/her the first time atter you moved to PM?

how long you have moved to PM?  are you able to get incoming calls?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Kandrews 

You will need to confirm the text to your Koodo number with the Koodo SIM in your current phone. You have a 90 minute window to reply or the porting request will be cancelled.

Not sure about the first number you mentioned but you could decline the porting request if it is not your number.

Remember
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kandrews 

open a ticket with PM CS_Agent. at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. ask them to check your account

type: Contact Us and Other 
Finally Click here to submit a ticket
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

If you have error submitting a ticket, send a private message to the CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check inbox(top right corner envelope icon) for response from CS_Agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.