cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting in Process

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Hi,

Is the porting a number into PM an automated process or manual?

For example, if someone is doing this at time at night when moderator are not available, will the port still go through?

What is the average port in time?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

@Jayannon   You're right there is a Telus porting number that can be used if a port gets stuck or PM needs to request that the other carrier resend their transfer text again, but I think you mean the 844 number and not 800 although both would be toll free...  😊

@Jayannon wrote:

A secret I was told but they dont want everyone knowing is you can use Telus's 800 number for assistance as its the same network different company , 

HI @Jayannon 

What 800 number?  the support team for Porting?  If so, it is no secret, we all know there is a number to call for porting issue, we can send you the number  🙂

Jayannon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have had it be instant , ive also had it take days due to errors , the errors have always been on the other carriers end not PM . Youll get a text you need to reply yes to within 90 minutes and they usually say 2 hours to complete . I would suggest doing this during regular buisness hours in case there happens to be an issue . A secret I was told but they dont want everyone knowing is you can use Telus's 800 number for assistance as its the same network different company , faster and easier than filing a ticket and waiting for a response , the bigger networks also usually have someone available 24/7 so thats a bonus 🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@

@Mana wrote:

Hi,

Is the porting a number into PM an automated process or manual?

For example, if someone is doing this at time at night when moderator are not available, will the port still go through?

What is the average port in time?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks

@Mana   from what type of provider are you porting from ?

From cell phone provider to cell phone provider - should take 2-3 hours to complete porting.

From landline/voip provider to cell phone provider - should take 3+ days to complete porting.

In both cases you should have most services right away on your Public Mobile SIM card. There may be mixed services happening though.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over; and when this occurs this is a good indication porting is complete.

Do not cancel your previous provider's service/plan (it could affect the porting process); the act of porting should cancel the old service automatically.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

It should automatic but stuff could happen during porting so sometimes human assistance will be required.

Time frame for porting: from few minutes up to 2 hours.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mana 

Yes, it is automated and should work right away as long as all steps are followed in order and not miss a step.
You can get a Referral Code from PM members here to get $10 off your 2nd month bill and you get $1/1 point but they probably know this as you are a Mayor! 😉😁

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Mana 

Transferring (publicmobile.ca)

ensure old SIM card must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number, your reply should be: YES

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if you stuck with Transferring, or not complete processing 

get in touch with  Customer Support Agent (publicmobile.ca)

CSA Hours Of Operation (publicmobile.ca)

Verify your identity (publicmobile.ca)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mana   Technically it is autoamtic

So, you request, you will get a text from old provider short, probably within an hour.  And you reply YES within 90 mins and then the process should completed within 2 hours 

However, things can go wrong.  I usually do not recommend to do it late at night. 

If you do it during the day, if something wrong, PM has a live support number to call and you can confirm the status.  Also, you can call your old provider and confirm if anything wrong during the day as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.