cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not using this number anymore

Sarbjeet5086
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to close my account bcs I m not using this number anymore but paying for this every month. 

9 REPLIES 9

Meow
Mayor / Maire

1. Remove autopay

2. Remove credit card

3. Manually suspend account. If there is no payment within 90 days your account will be terminated

4. Port your number to another provider. Your account should be closed/deleted immediately! Before that still do #1 and #2 to avoid potential charges.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Sarbjeet5086 wrote:

I want to close my account bcs I m not using this number anymore but paying for this every month. 

@Sarbjeet5086  - if you still have the Public Mobile SIM, insert it, then dial 611 and remove Autopay, press 5, you will need the Account PIN to do so.

EDIT: after 90 days of being in nonpay/suspended status the account and phone number will be permanently closed.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sarbjeet5086 

Customer Support Agents can help.  There are 2 ways to reach them:

1. Create a support ticket by clicking  here , then type Support Ticket, then select Contact Us, then select the topic that more closely matches your request.  Then click  Click here to submit a ticket , or,
  2. Send a private message to them by clicking here  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sarbjeet5086 

Along the same lines as your plan their may be customers interested in having an account that has the rewards program vs the new points program. An account transfer can be made after removing all the personal info and negotiated compensation is recieved. A sim swap can be performed and customer support contactedvo change the email and 4 digit account pin #.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Sarbjeet5086 

Just stop paying for your PM plan. Remove your CC from your Self Serve account.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@popping wrote:

If you have a PM grandfathered plan like the $10 50/50 or the $120 12GB 90 days plans, you can let someone to take over your plan and make a few dollars.  

@Sarbjeet5086  Yeah, I was wondering what plan you have an how long? I might be interested to take it over if it is interesting enough. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If you have a PM grandfathered plan like the $10 50/50 or the $120 12GB 90 days plans, you can let someone to take over your plan and make a few dollars.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Sarbjeet5086 what you need to do is remove your credit card from the autopay option.  Your account will go into suspension when it tries to renew and will sit like that for 90 days and then the account is closed.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sarbjeet5086   There is nothing much you need to do , just disable Autopay if you have it enabled.  Then remove the credit card from the account

At the end of the current cycle, PM will not be able to take money for renewal and your account will be suspended

90 days after suspension, your account will be fully closed

Another way to cancel an account is to port out the number, but since you are not using this number much, I don't think you want to move to another provider, so, I don't think you will want to cancel by porting out the number

Need Help? Let's chat.