cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving some iPhone texts

N1cky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've had service for public mobile for years.  About 6 months ago I stopped receiving texts from two friends who both have iPhones.  I receive some texts from them but not all.  Sometimes texts are delayed.  It's getting really annoying I don't know how to fix this.  Please help

4 REPLIES 4

@N1cky 

if you stopped getting text from your iPhone friends, it is more an issue on their side, they didn't send you the proper format, they should have sent you SMS but they sent you iMessage.  it is not something you can fix but they need to look into the issue themselves

for the text you send them, you should see blue and light blue  like those on the left side of the following screenshots (ignore those blue and green on the right)

Chat-SMS.png

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @N1cky 

If you haven't yet, there have been some recent software updates on iPhone. Check and see if you're up to date. Also, try this. Go into your network settings and turn off automatic. Then reboot. Then try again and see if that works. I can't explain it but it worked for me.

N1cky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

To clarify I have an android phone.  I can't find an option in settings for send and receive.i do receive texts from android and some iPhones. My texts don't show colour.  

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@N1cky  Are these SMS, MMS or iMessage?  One thing to check is Settings - Messages - Send and Receive, is your phone number checked there?  Do you receive texts from Android phones?  Are the texts you do get from your two friends green or blue?

Need Help? Let's chat.