cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving calls.

khuramshahzad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am not receiving calls from some of my friends.they say that they can hear that my phone is ringing but i am not receiving calls.Tow of them whose call i am not receiving call is from Shaw network and another one is from E-voice. please let me know i am having lot of calls being dropped.And people are getting mad that i am not picking up the phone.thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Could really be that simple, @Zyl 

Can't notice it ringing, if one can't hear the ringing.  (presuming vibration or other notification methods also off/unavailable - i.e. apple watch/fitbit, etc)  

😁

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@HALIMACS wrote:

@khuramshahzad 

Try the following troubleshooting items:

1. Take off airplane mode
  2. take off do not disturb
  3. ensure the number calling you is not on blocked senders list
  4. disable any call-forwarding features
  5. turn off Bluetooth device if it's possible the 'ringing' is going through to it instead of device's speakers
  6. ensure your device's volume/notification is set to 'HIGH"
  7. remove and replace your SIM card
  8. reset network connections

Ensure your device's volume/notification is set to "HIGH".  That's a good one!!  😀

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@khuramshahzad 

#wts...lol! 

But seriously the above members have all offered great troubleshooting suggestions and have asked questions that will help narrow down the issue and hopefully find a solution to your problem but we need you to answer those questions and provide feedback on what troubleshooting tips you have tried so that we can help figure out what's going on with your phone or services.

Just like when you call a customer service line and you state the issue you need resolved the customer service rep or tech will ask you questions or tell you to try certain things. I'm sure you don't stay on the phone in silence staring dumbfounded at your phone wondering why it's not working properly. So when you come back to the community looking for a solution we will be here waiting for your feedback.

Welcome to public mobile. Your community awaits....

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@khuramshahzad wrote:

I am not receiving calls from some of my friends.they say that they can hear that my phone is ringing but i am not receiving calls.Tow of them whose call i am not receiving call is from Shaw network and another one is from E-voice. please let me know i am having lot of calls being dropped.And people are getting mad that i am not picking up the phone.thanks

@khuramshahzad  

Try manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) to see if service improves.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Can you receive SMS? Does outgoing call work - can you call others?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@khuramshahzad 

More details would be helpful.  

Did you recently activate a new number with Public mobile?  Port number from another mobile company?

Any other issues with your phone?  ie. data, text (incoming texts)

Were you able to receive phone calls from your friends before with your PM phone?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@khuramshahzad 

Try the following troubleshooting items:

1. Take off airplane mode
  2. take off do not disturb
  3. ensure the number calling you is not on blocked senders list
  4. disable any call-forwarding features
  5. turn off Bluetooth device if it's possible the 'ringing' is going through to it instead of device's speakers
  6. ensure your device's volume/notification is set to 'HIGH"
  7. remove and replace your SIM card
  8. reset network connections

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@khuramshahzad 

What's the signal like where you are? How many bars do you have?

How long have you been with PM and when did this problem start?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@khuramshahzad 

Can you put your sim in another unlocked phone to see if the problem persists?

Need Help? Let's chat.