cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting phone calls/texts

ericabearisto
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched my phone plan from Freedom Mobile to Public Mobile a few weeks ago. Since then, I've had people telling me they are trying to reach me via text/phone call and I haven't received any of them. I've made sure my phone isn't on do not disturb and have checked all my settings, so that isn't the problem. I called my phone from another phone number and it went to my old voicemail at Freedom Mobile. I saw another post similar to my issue, and I am thinking that my Freedom Account didn't get cancelled when I switched over (even though I had said yes to cancelling), and that my calls/texts are going to my old account. How do I fix this? 

Erica

32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You may want to submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

softech
Mayor / Maire

@ericabearisto  Since when someone called you and they go to your Freedom voicemail and your Freedom not cancelled yet, it looks like it is a stuck port

did you ever reply the SMS on your Freedom with a YES?  

You can try to call the porting team ,. not sure if it is too late but I will message you the number, check your Community inbox, envelope

Of you can also open a ticket with mod as advised above

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@ericabearisto : So you got the confirmation text with your old SIM in and replied to it. Then you put your new SIM in. Have you been able to call out? Text out? And it looks like it's coming from your number? If you put your old SIM back in does anything still work?

ericabearisto
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I never got an SMS from Freedom, I'm able to call and text out but I'm not receiving them. I'm not exactly sure where my Freedom SIM is anymore, but I'm pretty sure the cancelling didn't go through because I havent heard anything from Freedom about cancelling and I havent been charged by tab balance yet from them on my last bill 

@ericabearisto  Try to find your SIM back. This is a critical step for porting. 

Worst case, you might have to go and get a Freedom SIM for $10 , swap the sim so you can receive the SMS and reply YES.

@ericabearisto 

If you can't find your sim card then call freedom customer service and explain the issue. They will send you to a freedom retail outlet to get a free sim card to put in your phone to recieve the porting authorization text.

@darlicious wrote:

@ericabearisto 

If you can't find your sim card then call freedom customer service and explain the issue. They will send you to a freedom retail outlet to get a free sim card to put in your phone to recieve the porting authorization text.

I am curious how that is supposed to work?

Customer will put free SIM card into its phone and... what happened with his Freedom phone number? It gets assigned to that free SIM? And could they re-assign different phone number to the same SIM later?

It could be kind of difficult to stay at freedom booth, send porting request, wait for SMS... maybe not. Or freedom will trust customer to return SIM after porting? Never did that before but would like to understand how it works.

@Yummy wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@ericabearisto 

I am curious how that is supposed to work?

Customer will put free SIM card into its phone and... what happened with his Freedom phone number? It gets assigned to that free SIM? And could they re-assign different phone number to the same SIM later?

It could be kind of difficult to stay at freedom booth, send porting request, wait for SMS... maybe not. Or freedom will trust customer to return SIM after porting? Never did that before but would like to understand how it works.

No, I think they give you the SIM card (not sure why it is free other than they are generous.)  Freedom booth will help you to SIM swap on the spot and you can work on the porting later.  Don't think they will ask you back for the SIM